Thread: Wireless Network Icon Very Slow to Load in System Tray in Windows XP

Wireless Network Icon Very Slow to Load in System Tray in Windows XP

Hi I am having a brand new Dell Vostro 1014 laptop and i purchased it last week only, It has windows xp as the operating system and Intel core i 3 as its processor, Now problem is that it has the wireless facility and i am using the Hathaway internet connection and as soon as i start my laptop i am not able to get the wireless icon on my system Tray , The other thing here is that all the other function are working fine and i have recently install the win xp and i was successful in install in doing that.

Re: Wireless Network Icon Very Slow to Load in System Tray in Windows XP

As mentioned by you that you have all the latest configuration than why are you using windows XP as your operating system. The other thing is that the main problem here is of the OS only, Because you are using a latest laptop of Dell and you have such a high configuration than why are going with the win XP try the latest one. Because the wireless functionality is the latest one and it might happen that it is not compatible with the xp.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that there is something wrong with the drivers of the Dell vostro, The thing here is that once we install the Win XP all the drivers are installed automatically but there are some drivers that need to be installed manually and i guess that wireless network is one of them , If you have not installed it properly than it may cause problem for you. So make sure that the WLAN driver is installed in the proper manner.

I don't think that there is any problem with your Laptop or with your operating system or either with the divers the only thing that you are facing here is that the wireless icon is popping late in the system tray , so there may be a problem of the internet connection of yours . so see to it that the network connection is proper or fire a complaint to the customer care service of the ISP of yours.