Thread: Eye strain from 15" Macbook Pro Glossy screen

Eye strain from 15" Macbook Pro Glossy screen

Currently I am using Macbook pro from last 6 month. Actually I am getting severe eye strain and headaches. I am spending so much of time on the computer I think this is happening only because of this. I just want to confirm that anyone here who is experiencing the same problem after spending so much of time on the Macbook pro glossy screen? I never face like such an issue with mine older Macbook black. Screen and color of new Macbook pro look great and excellent respectively. If some facing the same issue so I just want to confirm that it is same with older Macbook. I was thinking that the Thinkpads would be better for having less eye strain compared to the Macbook Pro 15. So please tell me what to do regarding this.

Re: Eye strain from 15" Macbook Pro Glossy screen

Hey friend I have also weak eyes. Actually it is because of the laptop which I am using currently. It also have glossy screen. I am not facing that much problem at least not so hard after working on my desktop with a matte screen. Actually the new BMP have the option of the matte screen. The new sony vaio now have matte screen. And its resolution is also quite good. So If you want then go for it.

There is a solution for those who spent so much of time on the glossy screen. Actually I was also dealing with the same issue then my uncle helped me on this. And it is common who will spends too much time in front of computer will get eye strains. You can use the non glossy screen and after that just simply lowering the brightness level at your comfort zone. So by doing all these you can reduce the effect on the eye.

Ya actually this is a similar issue with the most of the laptop. Actually apart from this I have seen this similar issue with the macbook pro screen which strain the eye. This is the main reason I never set the brightness to the max. I think this has to got something to do with the Led screen. The white version is very much bright. I will also suggest you to use non white colored picture as a background. Keep brightness low As much possible for you. I hope it will help you.

I have heard lots of issue regarding this. This is the reason that is why I like my 17" anti glare uMBP's display. Previously I am also facing the same issue. There is so much of strain on my eyes because of my previous laptop. Then I bought this one now I use it around 8 or above it without the headaches or eye strain. So you also go for it.

I have read all the reply which is given by the different users and I am totally agree with the. I have also set my setting to the lowest for the brightness. You also try it. And then I am totally confident that your issue will also get solved. And ya if anyone is want to give any information regarding Macbook Vs Macbook pro screen for the eye strain so please post it as soon as possible for you.

Thanks a lot guys I have read all the replies which is posted by all of you. And then I have also set my setting at the low level for the brightness. And I hope it will soon fix mine issue also. Actually same thing one of my friend suggest me. Now I hope soon I will get result.