Thread: Is there any solution to wallpaper stuck on Stretch

Is there any solution to wallpaper stuck on Stretch

I have downloaded an image from my email which is a jpeg file. I wish to make it as a desktop background. I am able to add it to the list, but as soon as I stretch the image it gets stuck. This doesn't happen if I select tile or center, only have the problem with stretch. What is the reason behind this problem and is there any solution to wallpaper stuck on Stretch?

Re: Is there any solution to wallpaper stuck on Stretch

On which computer are you facing this problem? And on what operating system? I have heard a lot of similar problems on HP computers. It is a well known problem for HP models. If its the case then it is quiet common and easy to fix.

Yeah, I certainly have an HP Pavilion dv6-2005AX computer came with Windows Vista installed. I suppose the HP models are having some problems with jpeg files. But I tried to visit HP website but didn't find anything related to this problem. Is it like I will not be able to view my image in stretch mode? Please help me!

Hewlett Packard already knew about this problem and they have also published a fix to solve the problem of wallpaper stucking on stretch mode. Download the hot fix from the ftp site here: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45575.exe. This package changes the Wallpaper Picture Position function from Stretched to Fill, Fit, Tile, or Center.

Download the Wallpaper Picture Position Enabler. If this doesn’t help, then probably you have to change your screen resolution. It may be because your screen resolution is not at all fully supported, and so it is recommended to change it to the defaults.