Thread: Thumbnails on XP Desktop (All Files)

question Thumbnails on XP Desktop (All Files)

Hi i was searching through other xp desktop thumbnail threads but did not see one that would let me set video icons as thumbnails of the video, is there a way to do this? (i.e. *.avi movies on the desktop have previews of the actual video in a thumbnail). I know it does this in windows 7 and i was wondering if its possible in xp.
    Thanks!

Re: Thumbnails on XP Desktop (All Files)

I dont think you can do that in Windows XP. Windows 7 is included with much advanced features that i cannot think we can have all in windows XP. But we can give it a try, i guess it might work or may not. Just download and install Windows Seven Transformation Pack for Windows XP. And see if it works like that. Do reply the result.

ok i am busy now but i will try that soon, is ther ea download link you can give me? i remember trying a vista transform pack before 7 came out and ift gave em a very bad virus... thanks

Yes with the Windows 7 Transformation Pack for Windows XP, you will be able to view thumbnail views of video files in extra large size. But, I dont understand, why do you need ea download links, because they are gaming company and not in other type of field. Windows 7 Transformation Pack brings a little freshness to the aging windows and the Start menu by re-designing everything. The software is actually a pack of "tweaks" or other software loaded with create a new GUI on the basis of your usual XP. You can pretty easily download it by searching on google.

Vista Transformation pack is buggy. Do not put that. Once you installed it your entire system will get slow down. I had used this on my system. I was using Windows XP on my system and I had added the same. This is due to registry modification. Vista Transformation pack modifies some crucial parts of Windows registry which makes your system unstable.

i meant "is there a..." not "is ther ea..." spaced to soon. and i will google it