Thread: Aero Snap for Ubuntu

Aero Snap for Ubuntu

Hello,

Is there a plugin aero snap equivalent to Windows 7? (move a window on one side of the screen will automatically re-size it occupies half the screen, paste to the edge where it has moved)

So much that happens in ubuntu can reflexively move my windows to one side of the screen.

Re: Aero Snap for Ubuntu

Hi.

I know no such effect, but personally I use the tabs to copy files. I open the source folder and destination folder, I select the files to copy and I'm slipping on another tab. I do not know if that pleases you . But i don't think there any alternative for ubuntu, if you find any please reply back here.

No need for plugin, right click on the button "zoom" to maximize the window horizontally so that a middle click (wheel only, it does not seem to work with right-click + left strangely) l expands vertically. A little up, I know it is possible to do this kind of effect with compiz-fusion. But can not find the name of the plugin. If some place has the answer ...

This works well by clicking on the expand icon but it's so much faster to deal only the title bar, without a search box a few pixels wide. It has a similar effect with Compiz when the window is already expanded and that the moves down. It temporarily diminishes but if it puts up, it expands again. It would make this systematic behavior, by adjusting sensitivity.

You essentially need to enable Compiz and then tweak a few commands in the Compiz Config Settings Manager.I don’t have Ubuntu on anything at the moment, so i can't say the clear steps. it is possible to have the same thing in Ubuntu, with a little copy-paste, This will disable the sending of an office window to another (always available with right click on the title bar).

Go to list add or remove programs and then make sure that all sources are sought. To make sure that the top-down menu is ALL. So part search compiz. Best have a Linux application running hook: you can adjust the size easily.