Thread: Unable to install Google Desktop in windows 7

Unable to install Google Desktop in windows 7

Hello friend i am using a dell inspiron laptop running with windows 7 OS. I was using the Google desktop with windows Vista but now i am not able to install it on my windows 7 i do not know why . Any one please tell me why i am not able to install the google desktop on my windows 7 system. I would really appreciate your help???

Re: Unable to install Google Desktop in windows 7

First of all i would like to know whether you have installed the windows 7 operating system cleanly or it was an upgrade install from the windows Vista to windows 7. If it was an upgrade install try to install the latest version of the Google desktop on your system freshly. after removing the previous copy of Google desktop

Which version of the Google desktop have you installed on your system also try to check the version with Google. You may have installed a version which might not be compatible with the windows 7 operating system. It is recommended highly to upgrade the Google desktop according to the Operating system you are using.

I had faced this problem before when i upgraded my system to windows 7 formerly i was using the windows XP operating system. But finally i got the fix when i followed the following procedures listed below

1. Select Exit from the desktop icon present in the system tray
    2. Click the Start menu on your computer taskbar.
    3. Select Control Panel and open Add or Remove Programs.
    4. Search the list for your google desktop. If it exists, select it, then click the Remove button.
    5. Check if the google desktop's installer file exists in \Documents and Settings\<user name>\My Documents\My Google Gadgets. If so, delete the file. and reinstall it again

Sometimes it is possible that an older installation of google desktop that may be present on your system will not allow any newer version to runs or install smoothly so i will suggest you to remove the Google Desktop installed previously on your system and the try to install the newer version be sure that you remove all the traces of the older version before installing the newer version.

It appears as your system is badly infected by a virus and hence you are getting this error since the virus may have changed the registry so i would recommend you to download the malwarebytes antimalware and install it on your system and then remove the threats and reinstall the Google desktop program again.