Thread: How to install Usplash theme on Ubuntu

How to install Usplash theme on Ubuntu

Hi, I am new to this forum and am sorry if making this post in wrong section. Basically i am Windows Vista user but also installed Ubuntu on one of my system. As i am new to Ubuntu, am in need of some help from you all guys regarding Usplash themes. As you all might be knowing, it provides a progress bar at startup and closing , i like it very much. Could you guys please make me know how can i install Usplash theme on my Ubuntu ? Thanks for all your helps.

Re: How to install Usplash theme on Ubuntu

StartUp Manager allows you to graphically manage the configuration of themes and Usplash Grub. To install it, it is sufficient to install the package startupmanager (Universe repository). While installing it manually, it starts by telling update-alternatives that we installed a new usplash:
    Code:
     sudo update-alternatives - install / usr / lib / usplash / usplash usplash-artwork.so-artwork.so / usr / lib / usplash / Name your theme.so 10
    If you find there many Usplash themes, you can choose one you want:
    Code:
    sudo update-alternatives - config usplash-artwork.so
    Now update the initramfs:
    Code:
     sudo update-initramfs-u

If you have downloaded the file, it will be first decompressed in order to obtain an image with the extension. "NA" . Install "boot manager start up" from your manager software. Open the program and first adjust the resolution and color depth to boot. Then go to the next tab and select "Manage usplash themes". Navigate to your theme usplash. Once it added, select the image to use as the next startup. Thats it !!

Usplash is installed by default on the desktop version of Ubuntu, but if you installed the server version or a command line, you'll find no progress bar but a set of command lines during the boot. To install Usplash just enter this code:

Code:
    sudo aptitude install usplash usplash-theme-ubuntu
    And reboot the system.

Once you are finished installing the usplash theme, you can also test it without restarting, go to a terminal (CTRL + ALT + F1) and type the command there: sudo usplash-c

To return back where you were, just press CTRL + ALT + F7. You can also install using Gdebi or Kubuntu Package Menu. If you have one. deb with a theme that is not compiled for your architecture, but you really want to have, the better is to extract the file.