Thread: Windows 7 lose its user settings after reboot

Windows 7 lose its user settings after reboot

Just few days back i had upgraded my system from Windows Vista to Windows 7. Now the problem is that somehow I have stuffed up my Windows 7 and had reboot my system. Now the problem is that after reboot it automatically lose its user settings. Can any one tell me that why does my Windows 7 lose its user settings after reboot ? Any one knows about it? Please provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Windows 7 lose its user settings after reboot

You have to create a database on your USB device to save all settings. I had the same problem, for that you need to remove/backup the original file first. "sudo mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.bk"Then you will be able to save properly. You also have to run the nVidia Settings as root.

Just simple stuff like logging in changing their desktop and adding desktop icons. If your restore CD is reformat-only, back up your data files to a network or a removable medium before reinstalling Windows. I have not had this error when I built my Win 7 and joined it to a 2003 domain. But I have seen it happen. No special setup just you know personalizing it.

If you enable this policy, users can change the desktop, but some changes, such as the positions of open windows and the size and position of the taskbar, are not saved when users log off. Do you have User Account Control (UAC) enabled ? If you have UAC enabled, for a test, disable it from control panel -> user accounts, make the changes and reboot to see if the settings are saved. However, shortcuts placed on the desktop are always saved.