Thread: Icons disappear immediately after renaming

Icons disappear immediately after renaming

I have Upgraded my os to Windows 7. There many icons on my desktop, i have renamed many of them and also change the folder for my convenience but after renaming the icon get disappear from the desktop. I have tried to restart my windows 7 two to three but no fix... What has happened and what is the solution?Can anyone help!!!

Re: Icons disappear immediately after renaming

First Open Task Manager(Alt/Ctrl/Del) and close or end all the unnecessary program running on windows. Icons disappear immediately after renaming may happen if you are using the Auto Arrange option for icons on the desktop. When there are too many icons on the desktop to be displayed without overlapping, icons may be placed off the visible portion of the screen.

The desktop are coming from different profile, if you noticed that, show the hidden and system file, there is 2 desktop.ini, perhaps this is something to do with the glitch. When you turns off and disables the User Account Control (UAC) by setting the UAC slider to never notify in Control Panel, there will be a ’side effect’ on Gadgets and/or Sidebar which may cause the problem like Icons disappear immediately after renaming.

To solve the problem of disappearing Icons, I would suggest you to use Registry Mechanic, with this software you can safely clean, repair and optimize the Windows registry with a few simple mouse clicks, another option is CleanMyPC Registry Cleaner, it scans the Windows registry and finds incorrect or obsolete information in the registry.