Thread: Google Chrome Skin Problem on Windows Xp

Google Chrome Skin Problem on Windows Xp

I had installed Windows Xp along with Firefox on my system. I have been using Mozilla Firefox for while, so yesterday i thought to test Google Chrome also. Now the problem is that when i try to change my Google Chrome blue skin to a black skin, i t doesn't get change. I had downloaded a black Google Chrome skin a couple of times, but each time it says to extract the file default.dll to the folder "Themes" in the Google Chrome folder. Can any body tell me that why i'm facing Google Chrome skin problem on Windows Xp? Does any body knows about it? Please help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Google Chrome Skin Problem on Windows Xp

Looks like it's not drawing the interface properly. Unfortunately I don't have the answer but I do have *exactly" the same problem. I've already attempted Algebra's solutions--it's a home machine so no corporate networks; enabling/disabling firewalls had no impact; nothing interesting in any of the settings, not going through a proxy; I've uninstalled and re-installed several times and tried choosing different options during installation.If you are running guitar hero at the same time, try closing guitar hero and see if it works properly. Otherwise, try reinstalling Chrome.

Chances are you have a newer version of Chrome. That looks like a theme. Try to install another one over it. Or you can reinstall Google chrome. As Chrome is in beta stage still you're going to run into problems like this for a while going forward as things change.

I think something is wrong with your graphic or someone changed your Google chrome skinTurn off the firewall some parts of google chrome only works when the firewall setting is off. If you install Google Chrome, you will see an error like “Application failed to initialize (0xc0000005).”. This is due to Symantec Endpoint Configuration in your machines.