Thread: Taskbar sound Icon disappears

Taskbar sound Icon disappears

My taskbar sound icon doesn't comes on startup , everytime i need to open the open the sound and audio devices panel from the control panel to bring the sound icon in taskbar. Any idea? how i can resolve this lil problem?

Re: Taskbar sound Icon disappears

what sound card you are using? i think there you have to add the sound card process in startup, look for it in msconfig -> startup tab.

My volume control icon disappeared, too. First Check Taskbar properties, and under Custom, make sure the volume icon isn't being forced to somehow always be minimized. And the simplest fix that worked for me is in the audio properties, uncheck the "show sound icon in taskbar" the click apply then reselect the "show sound icon in taskbar" and it should reappear.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

I am having a problem with my sound icon disappearing. I have Windows Vista ;( It happens about every week. I have tried going in and trying to customize and click on volume but both are gray and will not let me click them on..On occasion I am able to get it to let me check it but not tonight. I have also seen on occasion something about a Java update but didn't realize I had my volume icon missing. and haven't updated not being sure if it was necessary or not ..is there any link? I would appreciate any help you may have to offer. I have limited education in computer technology..thought I had better mention that up front...lol
    Thanks for your help.

Mostly gray out volume control is the problem due to your sound driver uninstall it and try to reinstall it with updated version if possible.

may be you are missing the sound driver. Does your speakers emit any sound when you play song?
    Right-click on My Computer/Devices to see if there is any yellow ? mark or something. Right Click on Taskbar > Properties > Notification Area tab > under system icons, check Volume.

If you are comfortable with registry edit.
    Run “regedit” (Registry Editor) - Find “iconstreams”
    Delete all registry keys with names “IconStreams” and “PastIconStreams” until “iconstreams” can no longer be found in the registry
    Restart Windows Vista
    Enable the missing icon using the usual method

Hope this helps.

Hot-Text Guest

#1 Go to sound and audio devices panel /// Place volume icon in the taskbar////
    Undo it. Close the panel
    #2 Go to sound and audio devices panel again /// Place volume icon in the taskbar /// yes Redo it // Close the panel ///
    You will see it in the the taskbar again.
    Last edited by Hot-Text; 15-09-2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: journeyman2.2.gif to big