Thread: Showing Pidgin contacts in Vista sidebar

Showing Pidgin contacts in Vista sidebar

I hope you guys can help me out for this. I have seen a PC somewhere that was having the Pidgin contact list of the user on the Sidebar Gadget of Windows Vista. I really found it very effective and helpful. Now i am also a Vista user and want to add my Pidgin contacts to the sidebar. So i need help from you all guys. How can i add Pidgin contacts in Vista sidebar ?

Re: Showing Pidgin contacts in Vista sidebar

You need a plugin called Pidglet . It is a Pidgin plugin and Vista Sidebar Gadget combination that allows you to show your buddy list in the Vista Sidebar. The package contains the plugin (a dll file) and a sidebar gadget installer. To add your pidgin contact to the Vista sidebar you will need to browse down to your Pidgin installation directory, and find the Plugins directory: that is C:\Program Files\Pidgin\plugins.

Once you are done, locate and double click the file Pidglet.Gadget that will install the sidebar gadget called Piglet nd add this gadget to your sidebar.

Now you need to restart Pidgin and go to Tools> Plugins from the main window.In the settings dialog you can configure the colors, but more importantly you can change it to show all of the people on your list, or at least more than 4 contacts.

A window will popup showing the list of available plugins. From this list you select Pidglet plugin and click on the close.

First of all you must download a package called Pidglet who work for what you will do your Messenger contact list of Pidgin on Windows Vista / Windows 7 should show sidebar.You can download the plugin from the link given below:

Download

Thanks a lot buddy, i just tried and i can see mu pidgin contacts on my Vista sidebar. Thank you for the quick and valuable help. That is all wanted. Keep it up !!