Thread: Simplest way to minimize all windows with fewer keystrokes

Simplest way to minimize all windows with fewer keystrokes

I am running Windows XP at my office. Quiet often time arises where my clients come to my desk which is placed such that anyone standing even at the door could see my screen easily and identify what am I doing. I don't like this and so I want to know the simplest way to hide all the desktop windows which are currently opened and directly go to Desktop screen where you can just see the basic icons of "My Computer" and all that. But I don't know how to do this. I have never though of this until now. Can you provide me the simplest way to minimize all windows with very fewer keystrokes?

Re: Simplest way to minimize all windows with fewer keystrokes

There are two ways to achieve this. Both of them are the simplest way and requires only 2 keystrokes. The first, which I commonly use during my daily routine, is pressing [WINDOWS] + [D]. This will minimize all your opened windows and places them on the taskbar. The second way to achieve this is by right-clicking on the taskbar and selecting "Show the Desktop" option. This also does the same thing as the previous one.

There is one more way to minimize all your windows besides [WINDOWS] + [D] shortcut to show your Desktop and that is: [WINDOWS] + [M]. It will also minimize all your current applications and saves them to your taskbar showing you just the basic icons of windows.

Since how long you have used your computer. Don't you know how to minimize your computer till now. It is the simplest way and almost every person who knows computer also knows how to minimize all windows to go to desktop. I think you are really newbie or is there something wrong with you?