Thread: How to Create Reflective Text in Photoshop

How to Create Reflective Text in Photoshop

Well, I would Like make a "mirror effect" of a Text, In Simple Word I Want to Create a Reflective Text in Photoshop , but I do not know how to do it, I tried Duplicating and reversing but did not achieve satisfactory results. A helping hand would be welcome. ,please help and thanks in advance

Re: How to Create Reflective Text in Photoshop

Hello , why dont you Use Illustrator , You Can Create this effect by the use of masks opacity and gradients. I first explain the ease by using gradients and opacity, which is only possible in Illustrator CS4. If you work with an old version of Illustrator I will also explain how to create reflection with the help of opacity masks.

• Step 1 - Create a new document.
    • Step 2 - Now, insert a text.
    • Step 3 - Use Gradient
    • Step 4 - Set the text color to white.
    • Step 5 - Copy your text and reflect.
    • Step 6 - Now, assign a gradient and adjust the opacity of these white area
    • Step 7 -Finally you have a beautiful reflection.

1 / Open Photoshop and create a new file.

2 / Duplicate the background layer or "background" (depending on the version).

To duplicate a layer, there are several methods:
    my first favorite in the layers window (if you do not see it, type F7), drag the layer file to duplicate the new layer icon at the bottom of the window

the second method is to click right button on the layer in the Layers window and then click Duplicate layer or "duplicate layer".

A new layer will now be added to the layers window.

3 / Remove the first layer background

4 / Double-click on the layer "background copy".The layer style window will displays.

5 / We will now put a gradient background for our document. In the window that appears, select "gradient overlay" or "degraded" In the "overlay" or "degraded", choose a gradient preferably dark or even create one yourself,

6 / Now that that your background is in place. in the tool palette, select the text tool then type your text on the document.

7 / Duplicate the text layer.

8 / Select the duplicated layer and get the right below the original text

9 / Invert the layer by going to Edit menu and then transform "flip vertical" or "invert vertically.

10 / We just have to hide out this layer. For this, we could use a gradient as the background but we will see a new more interesting option that is masks merger.

A mask is a melting layer above the layer. if the black layer is hidden, if the white mask is visible and whether it is gray layer is more or less hidden. We will use a mask and degrade it from white to black to hide it as.

11 / Select the reversed text layer.

12 / Click on the "mask" in bottom of the window to add a mask layer to the selected layer .

13 / Now in the toolbox, select the gradient tool or "gradient" option . A new toolbar appears at the top.

14 / In this toolbar, select a gradient from white to black (available in predefined gradients) .

15 / Go to your document just between the two layers of text. Click and drag the mouse to the bottom of the inverted text layer and release. You can slightly reduce the opacity of this layer in the Layers window for a better result.

Note: For this last stage of the mask layer inverted text must be selected. is the small rectangle on the right of the layer in the Layers window.

I want to say thank you for your help, through these tutorial , I will make great wonders with the reflective effects
    The Key Points were only:
    • font(for good result)
    • Reflected layer Opacity 40%
    • Reflcted text size 80%
    • Gardient IS must