Thread: How to create shortcut for calculator in Windows Xp

How to create shortcut for calculator in Windows Xp

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. I would like to know that how can i create a shortcut in order to open the calculator on Windows Xp? Does any body knows how can i do it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Would be grateful to you if any body provides me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: How to create shortcut for calculator in Windows Xp

If you want you can click on your Start menu, then select Run and then just type in ‘calc’. If you frequently use the Calculator, you can also create a keyboard shortcut to open the program using the steps described below:

1. First of all right click on a blank space on the desktop, then point to New, and click on Shortcut.
    2. Then you need to type in calc and click Next.
    3. Then need to click on Finish. The shortcut will now appear on the desktop.

In order to assign a keyboard shortcut, you need to right-click on the shortcut icon and choose Properties. Then on the General tab, you need to click on the Shortcut key box and press on the key combination you want to use, let say Windows adds Ctrl+Alt to the key assignment. Then you need to click on OK to in order to save your changes. Then try to assign the key combination Ctrl+Alt+Shift+C to the Windows Calculator within Windows, to pop up the calculator instantly.

In order to create a shortcut for calculator in Windows Xp, you need to follow the below steps mention.

1. On an empty area of the desktop, right-click and choose "New" - "Shortcut".

2. When the "Create Shortcut" dialog box appears, type in "calc" (without quotes) and press "Next".

3. Press "Finish" to create the shortcut.

4. Right-click on the newly created calculator icon on the desktop and choose "Properties".

5. When the "calc.exe" properties dialog appears, click in the box next to "Shortcut key".

6. Now, type in your desired shortcut. For example, you can press CTRL-ALT-C.

7. Press "OK" to close the dialog box.

Now, from wherever you are in Windows, when you type your shortcut, the calculator will appear.