Thread: Windows explorer right click options

Windows explorer right click options

I had installed Windows Xp on my machine. The problem is that there are items on the right click menu, but when i right click on a folder on the desktop, which i would like to remove and also a change the default right click item from search to open. Can any body tell me that how do i edit the right click menu in windows explorer? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: Windows explorer right click options

In order to copy or move files around in Explorer, a registry edit can be used to "Copy To" and "Move To" options, then you need to right-click on the context menu. After that you need to choose either option,then it will pop-up an Explorer dialog box, asking you for the destination directory. For that you need to back up your registry before you start making changes.

You must enable (check) this for UltraCompare to be integrated with Windows Explorer. Once this option is enabled, you will see UltraCompare options in the context (right-click) menu in Explorer. Type regedit.exe into the Start\Run dialog, and then navigate to the following registry key:HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell Once you are at that key, right click and choose the New Key option. Then you need to right click on the new Command key and select New key, as you did before. Now name the new key Command as well, and then double-click onthe default value of that key. Then you need to set the text of that key to this:cmd.exe /k cd %1

This option enables you to right-click on a folder within Windows Explorer and choose the Command Prompt which opens a Command Prompt window with that folder as your active directory. If "Enable auto select" is NOT selected, then when you right-click in Explorer and go to the context menu option for "Load in UltraCompare" you would have to specifically click on the "Load in" option for the frame you want the selected item to be opened in. If you want to avoid modifying the registry directly, many of the changes described here can also be made in Windows Explorer's "Folder Options" menu. To use this approach, double click "My Computer", select the "Tools" menu, then "Folder Options", then the "File Types" tab. From here, you can highlight the file type you wish to change, then click the "Advanced" button to change the menu options that appear for the file type. This won't give you complete control of every option, but it is probably sufficient for most needs, and it is much less likely to cause problems as a result of accidental changes to the wrong registry keys.

i have two reg tweaks

1) explore by r.click
    2) open cmd from here

open with notepad

save as filename.reg

just double click those two reg files

click yes

click ok
    Last edited by sayanmaji; 27-06-2009 at 02:11 PM.
    R.I.P. Ronnie James DIO

here are they..........
    R.I.P. Ronnie James DIO