Thread: Icons from taskbar disappear along with the clock

Icons from taskbar disappear along with the clock

I have a problem I can not solve. It is so that the icons next to the clock (bottom right side) disappears after the computer has been on 30-40 minutes (varies, NOTE also the clock disappears). While the icons on the desktop, always visible and not disappear. Plus, the boxes are not visible completely, some parts of the box disappears (it does not change the color just disappears). I still can play games such as FIFA 09, etc. without any problems (even after the error occurred).

When I restart the computer, everything works fine then again in 30-40 minutes the problem starts all over again. I've reformatted the entire computer, has also reset all the BIOS to normal but the problem remains.

Maybe also add that problem arose for the first time after I reformatted the computer because I wanted to get rid of all rubbish in the computer.

Computer:
    Graphics Card: sapphire radeon hd4670
    Motherboard: Asus P5K SE / EPU
    Hard Drive: 500GB Hitachi Deskstar P7K500 Star SATA-II and a 160 GB WD Caviar WD1600AAJS.

Does anyone recognize this? Anyone know how I can fix the problem? Any help appreciated!

Re: Icons from taskbar disappear

What are you using for firewall and antivirus?
    Review your settings for virtual memory and run memtest on your memory.

Sounds actually most like explorer.exe or Svchost.exe crash and reboot for any reason. When this happens, it is very common that the Systray programs are not displayed anymore, even though the processes are still running in the background. It may also be a problem with VB scripts for Systray, SSDP, SSDS or a registry problem, or alternatively, the firewall or virus software does not allow either to run properly. In short, there are many different reasons.

Check out this link for a solution.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841571/

I have tried all the various tips and system restore XP then installed vista now but nothing works. This is crazy frustrating.
    Please someone who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac1 View Post
    What are you using for firewall and antivirus?
    I use the standard Windows (XP) firewall... Then I use NOD32 as antivirus.

Whether chipset / motherboard drifting ice? Have you checked your memory with memtest86+?
    Run a real examination using div-ex program Spybot S&D and your antivirus program to the entire computer.

Been downloaded the most on the Asus website. BUT after 30min the problem came back. It may be something wrong with any software? Can this be done if anything is loose or something similar. Too much dust etc?

If you are using the Windows Classic theme in Windows XP, the icons in the notification area on the right side of the Taskbar may disappear when you select a High Contrast scheme in the Color Schemes box on the Appearance tab.

To workaround this problem, right-click a blank area of the Taskbar, and then click Lock the Taskbar. Or, change the size of the Taskbar, and then restore it.