Thread: Screen Resolution for Web design

Screen Resolution for Web design

I have a concern with the screen resolution most appropriate for a Web design. I develop my site with a resolution of 800 x 600 as there are a large number of people still using this resolution, expressed as percentages using tables and ADATA% very well to the resolution of 1024x768. But my daughter has a 19-inch screen with resolution of 1440 x 900 and my web design style elongates much lost. My question is what the most appropriate screen resolution? 800 x 600 continued into consideration that many people still use this to increase the resolution or 1024 x 768 or some other suggestion. I'm not very skilled in web design. I am just an amateur who has been learning little by little.

Re: Screen Resolution for Web design

ADAPTING TO SIZE OF SCREEN RESOLUTION

It is not possible. There are 3 options:

1. That optimized for all resolutions

2. Enclosure in a table to 800 pixels is always the same size

3. Create at least three websites, each optimized for a resolution and in accordance with the following JavaScript, the page is redirected according to the resolution of the navigator:
    Code:
      <html> 

<head> 

<script language="JavaScript"> 

if (screen.width + "x" +screen.height == "640x480") location.href="pagina640x480.htm"

if (screen.width + "x" +screen.height == "800x600") location.href="pagina800x600.htm"

if (screen.width + "x" +screen.height == "1024x768") location.href="pagina1024x768.htm"

</script>

</head> 

</html>

There are java script objects in the window class that will help you take action and will let to each send you the resolution you want. If you have many problems and you get tired of making your website then change the cms.

Thanks for your answer and solutions. I propose the idea of wadding although javascript means to create multiple web in different resolutions. Aims to create 3 different web with 640x480 800x600 and 1024x768 resolutions. I think the 640x480 resolution is in disuse and the total 800x600 is what I use on my site and that is also disappearing with the new monitors with higher resolutions. I really wanted to do here even if it is worth making a 800x600 web account to a small group that still use this resolution or change to the 1024x768 resolution as it is the most widely used even a high percentage of users are using resolutions higher than 1024x768.

My question is the following... summary I think my site in 800x600 or 1024x768

It is advisable to ensure that the application (in this case a page) look good in as many decisions as possible in this high ratio: 3:4 width or 9:16 (widescreen). It's like when you design pages for mobile phones where there is a lot of variety for screen resolutions.

charlieangles Guest

It's impossible to ensure that your website looks the same in every browser, mobile device, or screen resolution, but there are ways to deal with the problem.

Common practice used to be to approach the issue by designing for the lowest common denominator, which meant optimizing for screen resolutions of 800 x 600 with a fixed width design. However, this leaves a lot of blank space for users with higher resolutions,

You should check your own website stats in any case to see what screen resolutions are the most common among your visitors, as this may vary according to the type of site / audience.

Also keep in mind that not all web users will be viewing their browser in full screen mode, so even if they have higher resolutions, then designing sites for wider than 1024 pixels may not be necessary.

Generally speaking though, it's best to optimize for 1024 x 768 or higher; this way roughly 95% of web users are going to see your website at its best.

If you still want to optimize for lower resolutions, then at least centre the site and fill in the blank space with brand colors or symbols to give users a more aesthetically pleasing experience.