Thread: Photoshop or Illustrator, which is better for design

Photoshop or Illustrator, which is better for design

I know what is best to design from Illustrator and Photoshop. I enrolled in a course in POSA, but I did in illustrator because of the advertising agency where it work as recommended. They told me to handle photoshop instead of illustrator.

Re: Photoshop or Illustrator, which is better for design

Expected to do with editing vector images? The one who manages about that in Illustrator handles Photoshop and vice versa. I see neither head nor feet.

My friend, sorry but you said that is what you need to eat grass... but even as a designer at an agency must be more versatile and understand that each program serves for something, depending on what you're for. Each design offers various facilities.

In a way you do in the question the answer is: BOTH. Illustrator will know it as a masterpiece in the use of vector graphics and certain way you use it in a certain similarity in Photoshop.

But the versatility of photoshop "should" be applied in most of the editing and composition of images, i.e. Isaac1 is right.

Now if you want to increase your skills in this field of work that we all should be mad to dominate each and every one of the "main" Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash. As you know everyone has a different view of work.

Do not limit yourself to learn one that is better, all are necessary and the classes are always healthy autodictates. This will create a habit of work and do not be adapted to another person.

With you having the basics of the 4 program will not have any problems at advertising agency. Last but adds an important ingredient super CREATIVITY.

In reality there is no other program higher than the design. It is important to learn to use each program, something like that is better? A screwdriver or a hammer? Obviously not going to use a screwdriver to hammer or a hammer to unscrew. There are differences between each Program. That there is a similarity between the tools of the program is true, but also the learning curve is much faster in photoshop. The important thing is to know what kind of design you are calling on the agency and try to learn as much as possible the program or suite!

This is a common and frequent question, but Illustrator is NOT a "less expensive" version of Photoshop.

The programs -- although very similar due to Adobe's "convergence" of the programs -- are in fact fundamentally different, and therefore should not be considered a "replacement" for each other.

Again... both programs share many of the capabilities of the other. Photoshop can create "vector objects" like shapes and typography. However they become part of the "bitmap" once rasterized. (Once the file is "finished".) Illustrator offers painting, brushes, colorizing and can even import and manipulate "bitmapped" images -- however these are all "vector objects" NOT bitmaps. So it can become confusing.

If you need to acquire, modify, print or deploy to the web images of a "photographic" nature, then PS or PSE would be the program of choice. If you need to create complicated graphics like maps, logos, schematics, or even publications for print like ads, brochures, menus, etc, -- particularly with typography -- then Illustrator is the one.

The above is a very basic explanation. Both programs have so many features one would be at a loss to decide which is "best" ... they're both "best". The projects and activities one encounters most often should dictate which software would be the most beneficial if only purchasing one. Saving Money?

Most professionals and higher-end hobbyist prefer to own both programs because of their unique capabilities which complement each other.