Thread: Advanced Desktop Effects Settings for Ubuntu

Advanced Desktop Effects Settings for Ubuntu

i am using Ubuntu and having trouble changing my "burn" setting ,i edit the "Paint Fire On the Screen" setting; choose random colors - and then I noticed that when I minimized; it was multicolored.so please can any one tell me that how can i get Advanced Desktop Effects Settings for Ubuntu.
    thank you

Re: Advanced Desktop Effects Settings for Ubuntu

If you've recently downloaded Ubuntu and you want to enable Compiz Fusion and all the wonderful eye candy that comes with it, follow the next simple steps.

Step 1: Make sure your driver isn't blacklisted. Do this by attempting to enable the advanced graphics in the Appearance setting (System > Preferences > Appearance). If it enables, your driver isn't blacklisted. If it fails, however, it is.

To make a blacklisted driver work, simply open the compiz file (sudo gedit /usr/bin/compiz), scroll down to find your chipset, and add a # sign in front of it. Hit SAVE and close.

Step 2: Now attempt to reactivate the advanced effects like you did in step 1 (System > Preferences > Appearance). It should work.

Step 3: Open Synaptic Package Manager (Applications > Add/Remove Programs). Wait for it to update. Now select All Available Applications from the drop down menu on the right. Type Compiz in the search box. Advanced Desktop Effects should appear. Click it and then select APPLY in the bottom right corner of the box.

Wait for it to download and install. Now, close the box.

Step 4: Navigate to System > Preferences. You should now see Advanced Desktop Effects added to the list. Click on it to open the feature box. You will see a wide array of features. Go through and click the ones you want. You can manipulate the individual settings by double left-clicking on the feature.

Re: Advanced Desktop Effects Settings for Ubuntu

The innovative Ubuntu 7.10 is already a part of the graphics processing jugglery of Compiz.
    But not all is activated! Like turning on menus flying paper airplanes as a window when you minimize the window or burning when you connect.
    To be able to go there is a separate settings manager needed.
    This is installed by:

1. Go to Applications
    2. Go to Accessories
    3. Start the Terminal
    4. Enter the command:

sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager
    Enter the root password, and define Y for Yes when prompted word.

Then, the settings manager found under System -> Preferences -> Advanced Desktop Effects Settings.