Thread: How to Set Resolution for Your Screen in Vlc ?

How to Set Resolution for Your Screen in Vlc ?

Hello , I just installed VLC media player 0.9.8a on a PC Having XP-sp2 installed Everything works Fine Except When I double-click on a file. Wma eg VLC automatically opens ... but in a Small format. But I want the VLc to opens directly into format size double. Is there a way to avoid me Doing this Each Time :Video -> Zoom -> Double Size So That VLC remembers my settings. I just tried everything but Failed Without Any Good Result please Help Me SOlve this Problem Thanks in Advance

Re: How to Set Resolution for Your Screen in Vlc ?

VLC is a good Media player. Simple and light, it is almost Good to view what is happening to video. This is the perfect companion to install on your computer when you want to watch your divx. Furthermore, since version 0.9, the program runs very quickly and becomes more convenient through its control panel added in full screen mode.

If your screen is not the classic 3:4 format, it will have almost every time, change the settings by hand to enjoy your entire screen. You must then go through the menu "Video" and "proportions" and choose the appropriate size.

Fortunately, there is a simple trick is to set VLC to automatically format you choose. This requires going to the "Tools" menu then "Preferences." In the bottom left of the window, you select the "All" from the "Settings" to unlock all the possible settings. Click on the menu of "Video". Scroll down to the "screen format of the source" and enter the aspect ratio of your screen: 16:9 or 16:10 in general.

It must then "Save" and close the program for the changes to take effect. Each time you launch a video, it will automatically be transmitted in the desired format without black bars on each side.

Hello , I have And Eeepc 901 And Face the same Problem But this Does not Solve my Problem Do You Have Any Suggestion PLease Help Thanks in Advance

Quote Originally Posted by RAIS View Post
    Hello , I have And Eeepc 901 And Face the same Problem But this Does not Solve my Problem Do You Have Any Suggestion PLease Help Thanks in Advance
    Hello, I Forgot to Mention About the Problem in EEEPC and especially since 901 is the one I have. Handling is the same as described above but must pass through a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or 1024 x 768 "Compress" to make adjustments. Otherwise, you will not have access to the box "All" from the "Settings". You can play with the second button quick access in the upper left of the keyboard. The other problem with the EEEPC 900 is the screen resolution a little bastard. If you select 16:9, you have small black bars above and below the image. In use the 16:10, the bands are on the sides. Personally, I chose 16:10 because the image is comfortable and slightly less distorted than 16:9. Afterwards, everyone according to his taste ...

In the latest version for Mac OSX Lion as of March 2012:

Go to VLC - Preferences - Interface

Uncheck "Resize interface to the native video size"

Now, you should be able to freely resize the video window and it will stay that size for every video