Thread: Pixelated fonts in PhotoShop CS4

Pixelated fonts in PhotoShop CS4

I have a problem, when I use fonts in photoshop they are pixelated, but when I use fonts in openoffice or imovie it is nice and smooth the way its suppose to be.

I talked to the adobe tech support and he said that its just the nature of the application since its pixel based and it does it to his also. He said Illustrator will work, but for me right now thats too much money just to make fonts not as pixelated.

Anyone have any other options? maybe free applications for text than import into photoshop?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Pixelated fonts in PhotoShop CS4

Have you checked the text options in photoshop? There is a dropdown menu for anti-aliasing, if it is selected 'none' the font will be pixelated, but there is also other options, as Smooth, Sharp, Crisp and Strong, in the same menu, you should take a look at it.

Yeah I tried those, I have tried almost everything with no luck. I even tried illustrator and fireworks, same problems.

Could it be an adobe thing? Since other programs show the fonts smooth.

The reason Illustrator will work better is because the program creates vector based images, rather than pixel based. This is why you should always create logos and whatnot in illustrator.

I'm not sure of any alternatives specifically, but since I know you need vector-based, do a search for vector-based graphics programs. The term itself should give you better results.

Yes, photoshop is a pixel based program, if you were looking for a vector based program you should go with Illustrator, but there are also other tools in the market for vector manipulation. A popular one is InkScape and it's free

I just installed CS4 as well.. and I have the same problem.. It's horrible and I have never encountered anything more annoying, I used to use CS2.. and of course fonts looks amazing, and when I used CS4 at school.. font was amazing everything crisp and perfect, I have a picture of something I made in CS2 a while back, compared to something I made this morning with the messed up font ( and sometimes the font wont even be legible, just a line of whatever color the font is, no matter the size even 1200+ I don't know what to do and am begging for your help! )

Here is a URL to a picture with FONT in it that looks.. well perfect, made a few days ago with CS2.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...eathByApoc.jpg

Here is a URL to the picture I made this morning I know not as advanced of a picture I just wanted to get the font in there to have something you can see. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...opez/ewwww.jpg