Thread: non erasable folder?

non erasable folder?

hi,
    When I insert a DVD for example, I have nothing disabled. In order to manually start it shows me the DVD drive with no name. Right click on drive shows no ability to auto start. When I open the drive but I have access to the files. On drive D: / Documents / Documents is located in a folder "professional". I've really been trying EVERYTHING to delete this folder .. but it is not. the folder is no longer accessible.Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: non erasable folder?

may be the folder and all subfolders are write-protected and therefore dudiese can not delete. but you're saying that a message comes that you had no access.
    Code:
    login as administrator to> right click> sharing and security> then click the Security tab.
    click Add User, there are now your username and give the user Full Control.

folder or file will be undeletable or unmovable from explorer for no apparent reason. Disable all services, close all programs, sill says it's in use.Thought it was system restore, so I disabled that...still no effect.F5 and restarting don't seem to work, but there is something that does.command line! del and move work just fine on these crazy files/folders.You can even open up a prompt, type "delete " and drag the file/folder onto the prompt, no need to type the location/name.

make sure this folder is not used by Windows or any other application. As it might be used by an application you use frequently or by Windows. If it's not used by Windows or any other application, turn of UAC from control panel then try to delete it.

try to take ownership of the folder>right click properties>security>advanced>owner>edit>click on your name then tick the box replace owner>close all windows of the folder>go back to security>your name should be in the group>editnad give yourself full permissions>remove any users but leave system.In the folder is there any files? you may have to go into the folder through explorer and remove files.