Thread: Command at Run dissapear

Command at Run dissapear

hi,
    I have used XP for several years, but have never had this type of problem on my pc. only person who uses this computer so I have Administrator clearance. basically the "run"command prompt has disappeared along with the "search files and folders" prompt.And I would like to get that RUN back.
    Thanks in advance!!!

Re: Command at Run dissapear

hi
    Have you tried restarting the computer to see if it reappears?you can slove the problem given method Right click the Start button and select Properties, click Customize, then click "Advanced" tab. Scroll down and put the check mark in the "Show Run" entry.then run menu will appear.

I have used XP for several years, but have never had this type of problem on my pc. only person who uses this computer so I have Administrator clearance. basically the "run"command prompt has disappeared along with the "search files and folders" prompt.And I would like to get that RUN back.
    Check Group Policies using gpedit.msc.are you on a domain or is this a stand-alone computer? if on a domain, this could be removed by Group Policy or even the local Group Policy.

hi,
    Try system restore,press ctrl+alt+del,in the task manager, click on new task,in the create new task window,type or copy paste,c:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe.then press ok.if this will not slove the prblem then run antivirus scan in safe mode.