Thread: Different "colors" in various programs

Different "colors" in various programs

Was wondering if there is someone who could tell me why there is so much difference in the colors of the same image in two different programs? Is much warmer colors in one program (at left in photo), while it looks more natural in the other (right in photo). Are there any settings that can be done in the program itself?
    The screen is a Samsung SyncMaster 225BW, using Vista as OS.

Re: Different "colors" in various programs

Expect that the program to automatically set the right white balance while light room do not do it. Scroll all the way up and set the color manually as you like.

Have the same problem when images are opened in Windows Photo Gallery.
    In CS3, however the picture looks quite nice, with the same settings as in LightRoom.

Are this your RAW files that you have adjusted a little in (using the LR/CS3/PSE6)?

Then it is no wonder that there is a difference. Adobe programs now do tuning info in a separate file. The other programs that read RA, see these files. And in the worst case, using the programs JPEG file that is embedded in the RAW file.

The images are not adjusted, and applies to both JPEG and RAW (NEF in Nikon)
    All images are opened in Lightroom and Windows photo gallery. It irritates me that I do not know what it is that makes it.

Have you tried viewing in Picasa? It gives the most appropriate view of the images as they should be. You can compare it with others.

In Picasa images looks identical with CS3. Was the desire to try Lightroom to edit a little, but with the unnatural color I think it is somewhat risky. Makes rather just shelve it and then use CS3.

Try and install Nikon Capture NX, it is the only program that reads Nikons NEF 100%. Then you will see what the camera recorded, the other programs can only guess as best they can.

As said, It is white balance which is read from the original file. Adjust the bit where you, as you'll see that it is the same color as in the other programs.

What I do not understand completely is why similar settings are not seeing the same result as such.

See the images in Lightroom and CS3.

Can not entirely remove the yellow in Light Room.

Is not that only one application, taking into account the color profile, for example AdobeRGB, while the second assumes it is sRGB, and showing it then.

Windows normally uses sRGB, and if not the program that displays the image correcting another event color profile, the image is displayed incorrectly.

Now I give up the whole thing. Can keep up to CS3, it works fine for most
    Thank you for the answers to my question, although I do not got to the finish with the problem.