Thread: Desktop loading problem

Desktop loading problem

hi,
    i have problem in my network when users login in to the systems.In desktop screen, i dont get the local area connection icon for 2 to 3 minute.system freezes till the icon appears.it takes too much time to load around 10 to 15 minute. while users are not login in to their systems simultaneously.Also i change ram,I have one 64 mb and one 128 sdram.but the problem exists.ALso i change hard drive but no luck again.What can i do now?The problem that it makes me to think is that in safe mode all works fine with no hardware conflicts or other problems.What can i do?

Re: Desktop loading problem

hi,
    i think you are using Vista. I had the same problem when I was test driving Vista Basic. I couldn't find any solution though. However, XP doesn't give this problem. May be Vista needs some Service which has the parameter set: Delayed Start.

hi,
    Analyse what you have got running at startup too, might be something there. Run crap cleaner, go to tools and you can clean up the startup programs. you can do this from windows but crap cleaner is IMO nicer to use and should be using that anyway.

i have problem in my network when users login in to the systems.In desktop screen, i dont get the local area connection icon for 2 to 3 minute.system freezes till the icon appears.it takes too much time to load around 10 to 15 minute. while users are not login in to their systems simultaneously.Also i change ram,I have one 64 mb and one 128 sdram.but the problem exists.ALso i change hard drive but no luck again.What can i do now?The problem that it makes me to think is that in safe mode all works fine with no hardware conflicts or other problems.What can i do?

You might also want to check in System Properties that you are set as a Workgroup and in Computer Management Services that the Network services are enabled.