Thread: Emulate surround sound when playing video - VLC media player

Emulate surround sound when playing video - VLC media player

When watching a movie on your computer, I you use headphones, the sound is quite flat. I Use Vlc Media Media Player.Is there a way To Emulate Surround Sound in VLC ( Video Lan Player) .My Pc is Running WIndows XP Service Pack 2 Pls Help Me Sort Out This Problem . Thanks In Advance

Re: Emulate surround sound when playing video - VLC media player

Hey Fortunately You Can Solve Your Problem Easily. Thanks to technology of virtual VLC allows you to emulate surround sound with your helmet, as if the sound came from all sides and you use a set of speakers in 7.1. The impression of immersion is quite successful even with stereo sources.

1. Launch VLC.

2. Click the Tools menu, then Preferences.

3. Click the Audio button.

4. In effect the area, check the effect helmet.

5. Finally, click the Save button. You will now feel in a room with a set of speakers in 7.1, by simply using headphones.

First of all you need to choose your audio device in Properties and then click the Configure Speakers button. After that select Multichannel. If still this settings are proper then you must try to click on Apply to change it and then change it back again and click Apply. I ask to do this because VLC will not reliably detect which speakers are connected. After that ensure your device surround configuration is not set to emulate surrond output and you can change that to None/OpenAL.

You can easily setup VLC media player for Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound output via your pc's coaxial or optical digital audio output. To do the same start Vlc and then click on Tools menu and choose Preferences. After that select Audio tab on the left side and then place a tick mark next to Enable audio and Use S/PDIF when available. Now for the Force detection of Dolby Surround setting select Auto and under Output section select "Win32 waveOut extension output" as output type. After that restart VLC to take effect.