Thread: Verizon security suite?

Verizon security suite?

Just heard that Verizon is offering some kind of Antivirus Suite in just $5 per month. I had not seen this information on any other website , nor I can find the name of antivirus they are offering. Does anyone knows about it. Is there any detail available on the same.

Yes it is called as VISS. It looks a bit weird that Verizon entered into antivirus market by its own kind of security package. You can find detailed information on the same by visiting the official site. The antivirus package is powered by McAfee. But it looks that is a bit costly to pay $5 per month. You have a better security package in much fewer rates and some of the free editions are more better.

I can offer you some features that I had seen offered by Verizon Antivirus Package. It is right that the antivirus is powered by McAfee so you can simply assume using the Verizon edition of McAfee antivirus. Like other antivirus you get automatic update facility and other security support. There is a option to block spyware and adware. The antivirus is capable of giving you security for anti-phishing and offer identity protection. And if you want to know more then you can read the following link.

Verizon Internet Security Suite Powered by McAfee

That depends on your choice whether you want or not, but it is right that this service is a bit costly. There are free edition antivirus which offer you similar security support. But Verizon suite offer you a bit higher protection like Two-way Firewall Protection and Enterprise-class Anti-spam along with a network monitoring utility. This are some features which are quiet not found in any antivirus, some of the paid edition does not offer the same. You must check the features, compare and if needed take a advice from expert that you must or must not go for this.