Thread: System extremely slow after installing Trend Micro

System extremely slow after installing Trend Micro

I had just recently installed a multi-user pack of Trend Micro antivirus in my pc. After installing the same I found that my system has gone slower. It use to work well. When I double click on any application like word or excel it takes around 150 to 20 seconds to open. Now it is taking more time. I am having a Core 2 Duo system with 2GB ram and 500GB hard drive. I had purchased the license of this antivirus but now it is not working well and giving me a trouble while using other applications also. I need some help here to fix the issue.

Re: System extremely slow after installing Trend Micro

I think Trend Micro is a bit resource intensive due to which you are getting the problem. I go that pre-installed on my laptop. When you add it also puts a vault, website scanner and many more things. So it offers you a overall protection but on the same hand it puts a bit pressure on the system resources also. I think the major issue lies with hard drive. It gets slowed down. I had used this for almost 2 months and at the end when I was completely fed up with the performance I removed it. I am using a Pro edition of AVG Antivirus which is more lighter and better. It works fine in the background scanning for virus and does not freeze the system. I do not know whether there are settings available which can help you disable or turn of additional stuff from the antivirus package. But still you must check that. Due to additional tools added by the antivirus things get slower. But compare to that AVG is more light. I had purchased a internet security pack which has no issue at all with the performance output. It is also not recommended to kill the process because that can make your system more prone to threats.

AVG is light but it is not a complete protection. For advance threats you need a more better antivirus. I had seen major changes in norton. First it use to use a lot of system resource and now it is more lighter and clear to use. I think Trend Micro is not optimized due to which you get problem.

That is the reason I use free antivirus. Because here you have chances to get rid of the same when you are not happy with it. I had tested many antivirus in pc. And rightnow I am using AVIRA. It is still fine and does not has any major issue. The system just works fine. I had also tested trial edition of popular antivirus like Kaspersky, BitDefender, etc but they are not really satisfying. If you does not really mess much with your system then there is a single solution that can be enough for your basic usage. You can go for MSE. Microsoft Security Essential a very light weight tool for single pc usage. That's all. But if you use usb, install software or visit many websites then this is not enough. With it you have to use a more advance antivirus.

In terms of light weight I found nothing better than AVG. It is really nice and less resource intensive. You must go for a antivirus depending on your needs. Just do not overload your pc with a heavy security tool who's feature you will never use.