Thread: Using Clam Win Portable AntiVirus on Windows

Using Clam Win Portable AntiVirus on Windows

I need to find a list of good portable antivirus. Rightnow my friend referred me to use Clam Win Portable AntiVirus on Windows. I had made a copy of that on my usb drive. It scans and to some extent it work better. But to some extent I am simply not satisfied with this. I had seen a number of antivirus which work from usb better for Windows. It is helps to secure a system more in case if the antivirus is corrupted due to infection. Are there any better portable antivirus in comparision to Claim Win. I found this easy to use because I am carrying this on a cd. The scan is too basic and I think it is not enough to capture major viruses. Just because of regualar virus definition it become easier to capture threats. Anyhow this is just a copy of Sstandalone Virus Scanner. I am ready to stick with it if this is better and if there much better than this please provide the information it setup here. Thanks.

Re: Using Clam Win Portable AntiVirus on Windows

The best thing about using this antivirus is that it is free to use. An I think Clam AntiVirus is a good device to use. There are number of different apps which are vailable for security purpose. You can download them for free and use. For example you can try AVZ. This is a antivirus toolkit which can be used for multiple purpose. The tool provides you protection against a number of threads which appear day to day. I like to to use AVZ for number of reason. The tool can scan not virus but adware, spyware and even dialers. So it has a larger area cover for protection of your files. It is a complete toolkit with various benefit. Other than this you will also get a process manager which will offer you to control the current process in AVZ. This utility I always look in antivirus. With the help of this process manage it become easir to find what is going on and what registry file is associated with the service. So here you get a better option to deal with virus. Somehow you can also control the startup application in this tool and manage extension of Internet Explorer. It is simply more than a antivirus. The scanning process does not take much time but does a indept scan to find maximum threats and make your system more secure.

Kasperksy offer another portable tool called as Virus Removal Tools. This is a kind of a package fo tool which comes with number of things you can try out. Like Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool, TDSSKiller, XoristDecryptor, RectorDecryptor, KidoKiller, SalityKiller, VirutKiller, ZbotKiller, RadminerFlashRestorer, etc and many more. Each tool specilize in removing a particular threat. So you can carry each of them in your usb and use them wherever you want. There are number of handy tools that come inside Virus Removal Tools. On the other hand Clam Win Portable just give you a standalone antivirus support which might miss many threats if not updated. AVZ is also nice. You can carry more than one portable antivirus in your usb and use them as and when required.

Have you heard about Dr. WEB CureIt. It is a very lightweight antivirus program which comes with every effective result. In my views this is much more better than Claim Win. You just do not need to install this tool. Run it from anywhere you want. It cleans malicous objects from your system making more secure. To use it you just need to download it and then click on the protection mode you need. This utility simply scan your system fully and generate a report showing what threats are in your system. Also it can cure a number of infected files. There is a 30 day trial available for free. If you need a full version you will need to purchase that. If you are not willing to buy this then there is one more antivirus that I can recommend you. It is called as Trend Micro’s HouseCall. This cannot be said as portable antivirus, it is a online scanner. It is good for a number of threats and work on every type of virus. This is somewhat a very powerful portable tool I found yet. Mere 1.90Mb download simply fits anywhere in your usb. There is a free beta version provided on the web. You can download and use it with a much enhanced interface.

I am using a free portable scanner provided by eScan. It is called as Free eScan Antivirus Toolkit. This tool kit work for all windows version and provides a nice alternative for virus scanning. It can scan and clean, spyware, adware, etc from your system. There is no need to run setup of this antivirus. This is mostly the default feature of many portable antivirus. Anyhow you can wipe out many issues with it. You can simplu use this to clean spyware, adware, etc. So this are the features which are provided mostly on the full version antivirus only.