Thread: Bullguard Internet Security creating various complications in my system

Bullguard Internet Security creating various complications in my system

I have an Asus system with Windows 7 running on it. Whenever I try to save any file from internet, it does not save the file. For example, if I try to save an image using ‘Save as’ option, I get an error message saying “There are no more files.” If I try to replace similar other file it saves as usual. I went into processes in Task Manager and I found some processes like ATKOSD.exe, ATKOSD2.exe, Atouch64.exe, csrss.exe, nvvsvc.exe & WDC.exe running which previously I had never seen. I scanned my pc with Bullguard internet security, but no virus, malware or such suspicious object was detected. I cleaned the cookies from my PC but it too didn’t help, the problem still persists. The processes which I have mentioned above, can someone tell m which of them is harmful?

Re: Bullguard Internet Security creating various complications in my system

I too had encountered such problem once, in my case it was caused due to Windows update. If you have recently updated Windows 7, it must be the reason for the problem. If the problem s same as I say, then it can be solved too. You have to run the system as Administrator. In Start, go in cmd. Type sfc /scannow and press Enter. Now the scanning will begin, let the scanning finish. Now type chkdsk /r and press Enter, then Y. The system will prompt for a restart, restart the system and let the scan run on your system. This will solve the problem.

WDC.exe which you have mentioned is not a windows system file. It is part of subfolders of C:/Program Files in Windows XP & 7. The general size of it is around 147,456 bytes. This process is able to monitor running applications. It shows no running windows. Another process you have mentioned is nvvsvc.exe. It is found at C:\Windows\System32 in Windows XP & 7. Its general size is 129,640 bytes. It is a Windows core file which is digitally signed.

csrss.exe is a user mode portion in Win32 sub-system. It is an important process that should be kept running all the time. Without it, your client server relation on internet will be harmed. It is responsible for creating and deleting threads in Windows. It is responsible for management of console windows.

Atouch64.exe is not a windows file but is digitally signed. This program should not be visible by default. It is found in C:/Program Files subfolder generally of 301,624 bytes. It can record inputs, change or manipulate behavior of other processes. ATKOSD2.exe is similar to Atouch64.exe. It too has no visible window, manipulates programs & records input. Its size is 7,708,672 bytes.

ATKOSD.exe is a Windows file digitally signed. It has no visible window and is found at C:/windows/atk0100/. Its general size is 2,170,880 bytes. It has no visible window. There is no description for this process. If it is found anywhere else in your system other than mentioned location, then there are chances of it being a suspicious object.

You can try to activate iSCSI (Internet Small Computer System Interface) from Control Panel. In Control Panel, go in Administrative tools. There you will find iSCSI Initiator. If it is deactivated it may cause the problem you are facing. To solve this issue, you can set it start at the startup. To do this go in the cmd prompt and type ‘services.msc’ and press enter. Locate iSCSI initiator services. Right click on it and in Startup, set it to Automatic. This will solve your problem.