Thread: Not able to click on AVG 2012

Not able to click on AVG 2012

Hello friends, I am having the Windows XP Professional (2002) with Service pack 3 and also installed the latest AVG 2012 on to it. I am been using the AVG free from past many years. I am having problem with it, I am not able to open anything on it, where I am only able to open the things from task bar, that too have to right click on the AVG icon. I cannot perform any action from the AVG interface; if I try to close it then it does not, so I have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to close it. I do not know what is wrong with it? Please help me. Thank you.

Re: Not able to click on AVG 2012

I think that the Windows defender is been enabled, you should disable it and also you uninstall McAfee site advisor. I would suggest that you follow the below method to do it. It is been recommended by the AVG to uninstall the other product which are been providing problem with the anti-virus,

• Go to Start menu
    • Go to the Control Panel.
    • Now Double-click on Add or Remove Programs.
    • Click on the program and select Remove.
    • When done with the un-installation of the program restart the computer
    • Now run the installation of AVG.

I have done according to it, I have uninstalled the windows defender and McAfee site advisor, and then also AVG is not allowing me to click or to run anything. I have notice one thing that when I am try to anything on AVG then there egg timer always which is flickering on and off constantly. Does not know what that means?

If you are still getting the problem then I would suggest that you re-install AVG again, but when you are doing that you need to remove some folders which do not remove during the time of un-installation. When you are done with uninstall then please remove the folder, “C:\Documents and settings\All users\Application data\AVG2012”. After that you are done with it then restart the computer and install it again. Now it might do give you problem.