Thread: Unable to find update for Vulnerability Scan Java SE CPU Oct 2011

Unable to find update for Vulnerability Scan Java SE CPU Oct 2011

Hello friends, i am having Windows XP and uses Internet Explorer, i have upgraded to KAV 2012 and tried the Vulnerability Scan. I have tried this scan for first time, it was able to fix the system Vulnerabilites and also some of vulnerable applications, but i was not able to get the download for Java SE Critical Patch Update October 2011 which is been highly critical. Presently having Java 6 SE v6 Update 27 build 1.6.0_27_b07, which is been installed on the system, i gone through the links from 'Securelist' page to the 'original advisory' which is something new window which is having Oracle Java SE Critical Update Patch Advisory - October 2011. Not getting the CPU download button on that page, if i click over then it takes to some new page. So anyone knows where i can get the update for it. Please tell me. Thank you.

Re: Unable to find update for Vulnerability Scan Java SE CPU Oct 2011

I would say that you should uninstall all Java listings through the controls, then you go to Google and search for get java and download the latest version which is been available from java web site. When you are doing that then you be be aware of bundled security software which might be installed automatically on system with the installer. You unchecked those option before clicking on install.

If you wanted the new version then you can go to following link and download the Java for your desktop computer, it might be helpful for you

Java Download

Quote Originally Posted by My Name View Post
    Hello friends, i am having Windows XP and uses Internet Explorer, i have upgraded to KAV 2012 and tried the Vulnerability Scan. I have tried this scan for first time, it was able to fix the system Vulnerabilites and also some of vulnerable applications, but i was not able to get the download for Java SE Critical Patch Update October 2011 which is been highly critical. Presently having Java 6 SE v6 Update 27 build 1.6.0_27_b07, which is been installed on the system, i gone through the links from 'Securelist' page to the 'original advisory' which is something new window which is having Oracle Java SE Critical Update Patch Advisory - October 2011. Not getting the CPU download button on that page, if i click over then it takes to some new page. So anyone knows where i can get the update for it. Please tell me. Thank you.
    I think that method seem to be easiest and also quickest option. I will surely try it and check that it work for me or not, otherwise will try to download from java website.

If you wanted to have easiest method to update Java, then you go to start, then go to control panel, in the control panel you will be able to find entry for JAVA, just double click on it and open it. When you open it then on top there are tabs, click on the update tab, then click on update now button. It will check that which windows you are using it then it will show you UAC popups, you can choose as continue or run. It will also install some of toolbar, so just unchecked it before installing it. When you will running the installation then it will tell you that to close all the open application, which also include control panel java entry, then it will update to latest version.