Thread: Kaspersky Internet Security takes lot of HDD space on C drive

Kaspersky Internet Security takes lot of HDD space on C drive

Hello friends, i have noticed that Kaspersky Internet Security takes lot of space on my C drive, i am using windows 7, when i have checked the space taken by it then i have founded that it has taken majority of it. I have also checked on GSI, even you people can check it. So what you have to say about it. Please share your views with me, thank you.

Re: Kaspersky Internet Security takes lot of HDD space on C drive

It is not only with the KIS, but you have observe that it is with any of new software which is been coming for windows. All the latest software takes lot of space after installation. If you will see that your C drive is been full and you are having only limited space left, due to which you are not used to add some other software to it. Most of the time it reaches to the maximum and started showing that your C drive memory is full.

I do not think that it is the problem with KIS at any case, it might be that you are having limited space, when you are downloading and installing any software then that it tell that it requires so much space for it to load. I think that you are having very less space for you C drive, i would suggest that you should increase it, you can go to computer shop from where you have purchased the system and they will advice that how much space should be kept for all the software you are having it. It is been the problem of the hardware not about the Kaspersky.

I would suggest that you better check that how much your Kaspersky using the disk space and also in which folders it is appear to be hypertrophied, check which files are those. Even you better check that Traces are turned off. I would suggest that you better install the latest version 2012, you do a clean install. You will be able to get clean install instructions and also you will be located to have links and tips in second and third Important topics. When you are done with clean install then you do a databases update, then you reboot the system and also suggest that you expand your system partition C.

I was also thinking to expand the C drive, i was also thinking that to remove some of the stuff from D or E drive, which is not possible. I have checked that traces are turned off, i think that problem will be solves and at presently i am having 5GB free space