Thread: Not able to run Battlefield 3 game with Bullguard 10 antivirus

Not able to run Battlefield 3 game with Bullguard 10 antivirus

I am not able to run this game with the Bullguard 10 antivirus present in my system. I tried disabling the firewall and also antivirus but still it is not giving me any changes at all, so can you all tell me as if what could have gone wrong here.

I am really confused as if why the beta version of this game is giving me such problems. What do you all have to say about the same issue. Please update me accordingly on what do you think about this issue.

Re: Not able to run Battlefield 3 game with Bullguard 10 antivirus

Try disabling the BullGuard module one by one. Then only you will get a fair knowledge on what’s causing the problem.

1) Double click on the bullguard icon and open it. Double Click on the Antivirus button and disable it. Check if the same issue persists if it does not then turn it on back again.

2) The same procedure should be repeated for the Firewall button as well. test if the same problem persists when you switch that off.

3) Double Click on the Gaming button twice and turn it off. See if the problem is there.

4) In the end if nothing is happening Right-click the BullGuard icon in the System Tray and select "Close”.

Do revert me back if the said solution was of help for you or not.

I have a small solution for you do try it and let me know if that works or not. Here are steps.

1) Open your antivirus. Now go to the settings.
    2) In the settings tab you will get to see the folders button. In the Exclude from scan section you need to select the appropriate game folder that you don’t want to scan and press ok.
    3) Now in the processes button just select the executable files of that game and press ok.
    4) After you are sure that you have selected all the executable files that you don’t want to scan.
    5) Close the antivirus and then restart the system.

I hope this workaround will do good for you.

I would advise you to tweak some settings in the antivirus module. I am sure that will help. In case you don’t know how to do then let me help ypou with the same.
    1) In the antivirus module go to the settings. You will get to see many tabs. Go to the "What to scan" tab select only whatever files that you want to scan. Means you have to select the following options. "Scan files" and"Only scan files loaded for execution" options.

2) Now in the scan options enable the two options that I am giving you here "Scan inside packed files", "Scan boot sectors".

3) Enable the safe browsing option that you can find in "Advanced protection" tab.

4) In the advanced tab, go to the preferences section. Check the following options "Enable heuristic detection" and "Enable spyware detection". That’s it.

5) Close the antivirus and then reboot the system.

Don’t you all think by doing all that stuff we will be left with the minimum security for the system, then what’s the use of a antivirus? I am not understanding that and also I am not getting why are you all discussing about the beta version of this game. When the final version of the game is out. Why don’t you all try it with the different antivirus program and see if that is compatible with that game or not.

The change in the module did work for me, now the game is running very well. However that does raises a very important question in front of me and that is about the security of the system? What do you all have to say about the same.