Thread: Slow scan with BullGuard Antivirus 12 after upgrade

Slow scan with BullGuard Antivirus 12 after upgrade

I have upgraded the BullGuard Internet Security to V12 and after that when I try to do full scan of the system then it takes hours to complete the scan. Yesterday, when I was running the scan then I found that after 3 hours of the scan, the progress bar was to 15 %. It was so frustrating and therefore, I simply stopped the scan. I cannot understand that why this is running like this. Earlier to update, there was no problem like this then why it is behaving like this after update instead of improved performance. Is there someone who has the same experience like this. If yes, then please let me know that. I will be thankful to all the replies for this.

Re: Slow scan with BullGuard Antivirus 12 after upgrade

I think that you are running some other antivirus in your system along with the BullGuard Antivirus and that is conflicting the processing of the BullGuard Antivirus and as a result of that the scan process become slow. It is recommended that you should never use more than one security software in your computer and if you do so then you will surely going to face the issues like this.

I think that this is your first scan after the upgrade. If yes, then I would like to tell you that the BullGuard 12 is having the new scanning technology. I will explain this to you in short. Actually, at the first scan, all the files in your computer will be analysed with the help of the multiple methods and when the scan is completed then it will make one database. This database is used when you scan your system next time. hen you s can ;'your computer next time then lit will simply skip the files which are not modified and this is detected with the help of the database created last time.

This technology is very useful as it will reduce the total scan time by skipping the unmodified files all the times. So this is just the matter of the first scan and after that you will finish the scan in shortest time.

I am agree with the above post but if this is taking 3 hours for just 15 % then I can say that there is some problem and this is not normal. You must ncheck that If there are some inactive applications like Apple Mobile Device Manager which is taking the unnecessary resources. so if you are running any of such thing then you must end that and then try to scan the system again. See if that takes the same time or not.

Other than this, it will also be good for you if you can run the check disk as well as disk defragmenter. I am saying this because it is possible that there are some bad sectors within your hard drive and running these will solve such problems.

If this is your first scan then there is no need to worry. When you scan that from next time then that will not show you this problem. It is only for the first time.

I would like to tell you that if you run the PC tune up scan then this can also improve your computer speed. So you can also try by running this.