Thread: How to eliminate System Check virus from windows 7

How to eliminate System Check virus from windows 7

I am running windows7 64-bit on my computer and the last week my computers encountered by a system check malware, I have lost all files on my computer I think the file was hidden somewhere and indexed searching was turned off. Suddenly a program called system check appears on my computer and displays message of some kind of error, if anyone knows how to eliminate the system check virus from windows7 then please help me.

Re: How to eliminate System Check virus from windows 7

System check is a malicious program which make you believe that your computer is in danger it is from the same family of malware system fix ,data recovery ,Master utilities , system repair, etc. it is installed on your computer by itself without your permission and knowledge through the use of Trojan or some other malicious software. Always be careful before opening any attachments and downloading any files . if system check running on your computer then it will block your legal windows application and it also won’t allow you to download anything from the internet and it always displays you a fake message, so just try to remove this system check virus from your computer as early as possible.

If you want to eliminate the system check virus from your computer then you have to follow the steps given below:
    1.First click start and type %allluserprofiles% in the search field select enter , as you said that all your files are hidden so you have to make some changes to unhide all your files again so first click organize and select ‘ folders and search options’ and then open view tab then select ‘show hidden files and folders’ option, and in this option uncheck “hide extensions for known file types” and also uncheck “hide protecting operating files” and finally select ok

2.now you will see system check associated files .this files usually named with a series of numbers and letters select rename by right click on it and type any new name and press enter this will stop this malware from auto running and then just Reboot your computer.

3. the files that has been hidden by the system check you can unhide those files and folders now. Select start and type cmd in the search field and press enter .a command console appear tyoe cd\ and press enter then again type attrib-h/s/d and press enter after this just close the command console.

4.now download the “MalwareBytes and Anti-Malware and then close all your program and windows on your PC and just install this program in the similar way as you did it for other software ,once you installed the program then you will see a window having two option perform quit scan and perform full scan select perform quit scan from the two option and select scan this will start scanning your computer ,this process can take some time so please wait for sometime

5. when the scan is complete just click ok you will see a window with the list of infected items ,then make sure everything is checked and select “remove selected” from that window to start system check removal process when the disinfection is complete a log will open in notepad then just reboot your computer again.
    And now your computer is free from the system check virus.

If you have tried removing system check from your system with the help of MalwareBytes and Anti-malware and didn’t succeeded in it then this is because system check may be collection with TDSS Trojan-rootkit so in this case have to run TDSS killer in order to detect and remove this infection.
    You have to download TDSS killer and place it to your desktop then open the TDSS killer folder then select rename by right click on it and type new name and simply select enter then double-click on TDSS killer icon you will see a screen just select start scan button from that screen to start scanning windows registry for TDSS Trojan ,if it is found any TDSS Trojan the windows will appear just select continue from that window to remove TDSS Trojan .once you done this restart your computer your system will be definitely free from the system check virus.

I think you can also remove system check virus from your windows7 computer with the help of Combofix ,first download the combofix and unzip to your desktop just make sure to close any open browser and also close all the Anti-virus and Anti-malware programs so they do not interfere in the running of combofix. And then double click on the combofix.exe and just follow the prompts if combofix will not run the rename it to myapp.exe and try again and please never rename combofix unless instructed and when finished it will produce a report for you .and finally your system get free from the system check virus.

I would like to recommend you to download and install Microsoft Malicious removal tool on your computer by this tool you can check for specific malicious software like blaster ,system check and mydoom etc. and if any infection found on your computer then with the help of this tool you can remove that infection or virus easily, it creates a report describing the outcome of any malware that is detected and removed by this tool after the detection and removal process and this tool is easily available on Microsoft update ,windows update and Microsoft download center. And I think you can remove the system check virus from your system with the help of this tool.

Hello, Thanks for all the tips! I have followed the steps outlined but after changing what was checked and unchecked in the "folder and search options" and clicking OK, nothing was revealed. I followed these steps a few times and even restarted and followed the steps again however each time no files were revealed.

Any suggestions?

PLEASE SEND HELP ASAP!!!

TY:)

Quote Originally Posted by biDDy View Post
    Hello, Thanks for all the tips! I have followed the steps outlined but after changing what was checked and unchecked in the "folder and search options" and clicking OK, nothing was revealed. I followed these steps a few times and even restarted and followed the steps again however each time no files were revealed.

Any suggestions?
    Are you facing with same problem of System Check virus in your windows 7 machine? Have you scanned your system with some antivirus software? Since, you cant view any sort of virus files associated with System Check virus, your system would be fine without it. You can even go into safe mode and then try to scan the pc.

I have followed the instruction of using Malwarebyte to remove the System Check malware. It seems working. Those numbered exe files are gone. However, I still cannot see the files. How do I bring back all those files/folders.

Quote Originally Posted by chuang4630 View Post
    I have followed the instruction of using Malwarebyte to remove the System Check malware. It seems working. Those numbered exe files are gone. However, I still cannot see the files. How do I bring back all those files/folders.
    There is a free but effective application that is meant to restore the file and folder system of the computers attacked by the viruses, it called Unhider, just search it and download from google. After running this free application you will again see your files and folders just as they should be. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the information. I downloaded the unhider and ran it. Now I can see the files in the drivers. However, it only applies to driver C. I have to manually unhide the folders in other drivers.

There is another problem. When I click the Windows Start, I do not see the programs, except "Computer". Even Control panel is not in the list. When I access the "All Programs", although I can see all the program folder, but they are all empty. So try to open the folders in C:\Program Files. They are all there.
    How do I get those programs back?

BTW, my system is Windows 7.

I think that the programs gets moved to a temp folder under the user account folder and you just have to find the temp folder and copy everything back to the start menu folder. I just finished with the instructions and it worked just great. There is a little tool to run to determine the location of the temporary folder. The path varies depending on the version of windows you have but the path will contain the following:

c:\......\smtmp

I just restored the main program folders items from

c:\....\Temp\smtmp\1

Quote Originally Posted by spyrus View Post
    I think that the programs gets moved to a temp folder under the user account folder and you just have to find the temp folder and copy everything back to the start menu folder. I just finished with the instructions and it worked just great. There is a little tool to run to determine the location of the temporary folder. The path varies depending on the version of windows you have but the path will contain the following:

c:\......\smtmp

I just restored the main program folders items from

c:\....\Temp\smtmp\1
    Yeah. I have found the smtmp. It is under user AppData\Local\Temp\smtmp
    However, when I tried top copy the programs in smtmp\1 to user Start Menu, the windows reminded me that the file exists in the Start Menu. This Start Menu folder denied all the access. I have the Admin right but still cannot get access to this folder. I suspect that the files are still in the Start Menu, but they are hidden somehow. I don;t know how to restore them.

I downloaded and ran the script 'Take Ownership" against the following two folders:

C:\User\(user name)\Start Menu
    C:\ProgramData\Start Menu

I don't see the difference between the smtmp\1 and the User Start Menu
    However, there are differences between smtmp\4 and the ProgramData\Start menu. The smtmp\4 does contain the programs under subfolders, not the case for ProgramData\Start Menu

What options do I have at this point?