Thread: Macbook Air cannot download Norton 360 version 5

Macbook Air cannot download Norton 360 version 5

Brought a new Macbook Air and tried to download/install the Norton 360 Version 5. I tried to download using my account. It downloaded the file (seems like) but when I looked in to the file, it appears to be text file in the .exe format. I didn’t understand how it was happened. Is it a incomplete download?

Re: Macbook Air cannot download Norton 360 version 5

Have you removed the previous version of Norton from your Mac? I hope that you have installed the older version Norton 360 before. Make sure that no components left behind from the older version. If so, it may conflict with the new version.

I heard that the Norton installer and LiveUpdate application is completely based on the Java platform. For the installer to run the Norton 360, you need to get the latest version Java for Apple. Without the support of this, you will no longer able to install the Norton product in Mac, not even you can launch the LiveUpdate. Also make sure that you have downloaded the Norton 360 for Mac only. If you have downloaded the Windows version, how could you run the installer?

Multi-user license is available for Norton 360. Make sure that while downloading the file, you have logged in into the Norton Account and also make sure that license is valid for MAcbook Air.

You are saying that you want to install the N360 V5 in Mac Operating system. Can you tell me what version of OS you are running? Currently the Norton 360 V5 can be installed only on Windows. It is compatible only with the windows OS. It is not compatible with any Mac OS. If you are really wanted to get the Norton AV, you can download and install the Norton Internet Security.

Thanks for your precious information. I didn’t know that Norton 360 version 5 is not available for Mac. It was just a waste of time. I simply wasted my several hours to download and solve the issues regarding this. AS you said, I will try to get the very latest version of NIS as soon as possible to protect my Macbook Air.