Thread: System infected with System Check Virus

System infected with System Check Virus

My system running on windows 7 has got infected by SystemCheck Virus because of which i am getting fake errors message like Critical Error, System Restore error and Windows – No Disk. I want to know if there is anything that i can do to get rid of SystemCheck Virus from my system??

re: System infected with System Check Virus

Below is what you have to do to get rid of SystemCheck Virus:
    Open task manager and kill SystemCheck Virus process under processes tab.
    After that go through below location and delete files related to SystemCheck Virus:
    %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\System Check.lnk
    %Desktop%\System Check.lnk
    %StartMenu%\Programs\System Check\
    %StartMenu%\Programs\System Check\System Check.lnk
    %StartMenu%\Programs\System Check\Uninstall System Check.lnk
    %Temp%\smtmp\
    %Temp%\smtmp\1
    %Temp%\smtmp\1
    %Temp%\smtmp\2
    %Temp%\smtmp\3
    %Temp%\smtmp\4
    Once you have done that, go to start type "regedit " in search and click on OK. When your Registry Editor gets opened remove below SystemCheck Virus Registry file:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main "Use FormSuggest" = 'Yes'
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "CertificateRevocation" = '0'
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "WarnonBadCertRecving" = '0'
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop "NoChangingWallPaper" = '1'
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations "LowRiskFileTypes" =
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments "SaveZoneInformation" = '1'
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer "NoDesktop" = '1'
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System "DisableTaskMgr" = '1'
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ".exe"
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ""
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system "DisableTaskMgr" = '1'
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download "CheckExeSignatures" = 'no'
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced "Hidden" = '0'
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced "ShowSuperHidden" = '0'
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\LastVisitedMRU "MRUList"

Re: System infected with System Check Virus

if above all steps not working to solve the issue and then i would like to suggest you to use the third party software to remove this virus on your system. even i have faced the same issue and after that i have just removed this virus by using the third party software and then your issue will get solved.

Please Help

Ive done the registry removal.
    And removed sytem check from desktop and start menu
    How do i remove those Temp files in your first instruction box. I ask because i still have missing programs and some trojans appear which Microfsoft security essentials and pc doctor remove (1 by MSE AND 2 by PC doctor) each time i reboot
    Also Malware finds a couple each time I scan
    But there must be a source bringing it all back everytime i reboot. Im more or less a self taught in the basics - but very basic
    My pc wont open in safe mode with networking. had it 8 yrs and once i have this problem solved im saving all my importtant files into an external - I alrealdy have most on DVD.
    Then im reloading OS and giving pc a spring clean and upgrade (with help from a techy)
    First I want complete rid of System check - Which I dont seem to be able to do.
    I presume - Did isay it no longer opens up - But i still have some missing programs.

Thats more or less full picture.

ByersVictory,

What kind of virus is infecting your pc? Download a tool called Malwarebytes and install it on your pc, scan your pc with it and it will create a log after that telling you what all infections were there in your pc. Read here for more instructions - How to Master MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware

Yeah Ive eventually run Malware - I have that program installed.
    But for a while it wouldnt update, so wasnt proving succesful. It seems system check was also preventing me from opening Spybot.
    I was getting an error code - think it was 0x80072efd
    which I never had before I received this System Check hoax.
    Anyhow after much researching and trying to delete some registry entries, I got uniblue Powersuite 2012. Which cleaned a whole load of registry issues (I read a lot of reviews before i committed to that)
    Now im updated and can run spybot.
    Only issues I have left is some programs I had which disappeared for a time are now back in my start menu but showing as empty. Stuff like Nero, Skype etc.
    Also a few of these trojans (2 i think) keep reloading everytime I reboot. Although Im not at home to check if that is the case after my recent successes.
    I cant give you a malware log im at work.

Hope that helps. Close to thinking im more or less ok. Just want to get all those programs back showing as empty, I dont beleive Ive lost them completely. I have gone to tools and changed to show hidden files btw. This helped to bring back my descktop icons, and some menu items.