Thread: AVG reported Win32/DH.CAFF82037E infection

AVG reported Win32/DH.CAFF82037E infection

My AVG antivirus keeps on giving me a report of Win32/DH.CAFF82037E infection. There are regular popups and I found it a bit irritating. There are chances that AVG generates some false positive alert while scanning. This looks to be some kind of unknown virus. I do not understand how this entered in my system. I had not used any usb, nor downloaded any new software. There should be some way by which it would be possible to get rid off.

It is a virus that is why the antivirus is reporting. If you want you can ignore the same but that should be on your own risk. There are number of analysis site that can offer you to provide you information on those infections. But I would recommend you to delete it. Scan for virus and check which application stops working while scanning. Basically when such virus is detected AVG transfer it to the vault so that it cannot spread. You can simply restore that from vault back.

I had seen that infection on web and found that it is a virus. Some says the file is associated with DVDfab. But somehow many antivirus are capable of generation fail positive alert. You cannot do anything in that. It is complicated to some extent to determine just by guessing that the file is infected or valid. I ignore the files which are on low risk and which are required for some application to perform.