Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avira free not updating

Avira free not updating

My Avira antivirus is not updating on its own. I had kept automatic update on. It is almost 2 days now it is showing me that my antivirus is not at all updated. I had performed a manual update last time because my internet was not working. How to fix this thing. How to enable the auto-update back.

Re: Avira free not updating

There is no major difference between automatic and manual update. Once your antivirus is updated to the latest virus definition it can work properly. You can download the updates and run the setup. I am providing you a manual update link below. You can use it to download the setup and then check back.

AVIRA Update Download

This is a bit strange to see. As the antivirus is configured it takes the updates on its own. Ensure that there is enough space left in directory where the antivirus is installed. Due to low disk space there are chances that the antivirus fails to download the update. I had faced the issue on my uncle pc where he was not able to perform any update. I tried to run the updates from USB but that also did not worked. I cleared some space from the C drive and it looks to be working fine.

I found a small news on AVIRA forums which says that due to bigger update release the servers are too busy. There are millions of users which are already downloading those. So you can wait back till those servers are free and your antivirus will receive the update automatically. That is the reason your antivirus is not able to locate updates properly. You can try a manual download and it is the best way to update your antivirus. There is no harm in that.

If you are not able to get the download fast from Avira site, then you can try out some download website also. There are popular download site that provides you free Avira update downloads. They are zipped to a lower space so that you can download them quiet easily. Run the manual process first and then check whether you can get updates or not. Now if the Antivirus is still not working you can try to re-install the same. And I hope this might work well.

The servers are too busy. A user has already posted that above. That is reason you are not getting updates. Even my antivirus shows lack of updates. And this issue lies mostly with the free edition of AVIRA. You must keep checking the updates. Once the servers are free you will get the download. Sometime it would take around 3 ior more days to get the final updates. I keep my updates settings on weekly basis. That is quiet better. If you keep that turned on, the antivirus keeps on checking for new updates.

There are large updates released. And they will take time to download. So if there are millions of users who are already downloading it, then it will take time on your system to get the same. I have a dial up connection an updating the antivirus on this is really a pain. You cannot expect to get all updates downloaded so early. If the updates are in kb's then it is much easier to download them early or else it is time consuming.

My update were completed after 3 days. It was showing pending updates and I clicked on update, but the message lied there for around 3 days. It finally showed that the antivirus is updated this morning. You can find those update much easily as there is nothing to worry here. For manual update I had always seen the download size always rises to some extent compared to automatic update. So if you can located a properly compressed download size, then is is much more better.

I think it is not going to create a big difference if you are not going to update your antivirus for some days or weeks. Later on it works fine on its own. Ensure that your internet connection is stable and certain security settings is not blocking those download. The update files are in the form of .vdf. The keep on adding in your antivirus folder which increase the folder size and if you are out of disk then the error is common. Second re-installing the antivirus fixes the issue a number of time. This happens sometime due to installing different software the file are affecting causing the system to respond improperly.

There are some incremental updates which are done automatically by the antivirus and if you go with the manual update everytime, those are missed by manual update. So it is recommended that you follow the process of automatic updates only and keep on checking. Once AVIRA servers are free enough to send you update your antivirus will download it.

This is not a new thing. It happens everytime whenever there is a large update. I had seen Avira keeps on showing update pending when the size is much more larger. And this is mostly application to the free edition. My uncle has a laptop which has paid version of AVIRA installed. It is always updated and does not show up issue related to pending updates.

I am bit frustrated with this issue. Avira use to work fine in my system, but it skips the update. I cannot keep on waste my time to download those manually and then run the setup. I had switched to AVG and it looks to be working fine. Updates are better and they offer more security. If your system is not updated, then there are chances that new threats can effect your system and cause severe issue.

It is better to switch instead of looking for solution on such issues. We have many free antivirus available. You can download any of them and run in your system. The first is larger always but once it is done you are tension free. As said about it is correct that your system remains on risk when the update is outdated and that can create issue.

One thing I had noticed in free antivirus. That the more older they are, they are less stable. I am using AVIRA for over a year now. It is a nice antivirus. Somehow the updater stopped working. I have another system which has the same AVIRA edition. The antivirus on that system is updated while on mine it is not. I had yet not decided to remove it. I am waiting for some specific update that can fix the issue. It is always 4 days the issue is not yet fixed.

My AVIRA 10 is also not updating on its own. There is a message that I need admin rights to update that. I am not sure about this error. What admin rights it is talking. AVIRA 9 compared to that is much more better. Should I re-install that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast