Thread: Webroot Spy Sweeper is taking long time to scan after update

Webroot Spy Sweeper is taking long time to scan after update

I have updated Webroot Spy Sweeper to version 6 and since than it is taking long time to complete scan. Previously it used to take 2 hrs to scan whole system now it takes 2 hours to scan 30 percent only. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spy Sweeper but doing that is not making any difference in my case. Is there anything i can try further to deal with this issue??

re: Webroot Spy Sweeper is taking long time to scan after update

Have you installed any other program recently?? I am not sure but i think that there is some other program that it is interfering with Spy Sweeper scanning process. So just check if there is any such program in your system. Since you have mentioned hat uninstalling and reinstalling the software hasn't made any difference in your case i cant think of anything else that might be causing this issue.

Rather than updating Webroot Spy Sweeper to any latest version i will suggest you to uninstall current version and make a clean installation of it latest version available. I have been using Spy Sweeper and i follow the same rule, i haven't faced any such issue until now. If you want than you can try out what Ive suggested and follow the same rule for further upgrades, best of luck. Let me know if you have any query here after.

re: Webroot Spy Sweeper is taking long time to scan after update

Hello Steven,

Since about December 21, my system slowed to a snail pace and my graphics were being drained. I tried eveything to elimiate the problem. By trial and error stopping and re-starting the programs in the startup group, it turns out to be my Spy Sweeper. Last time I ran it, it took all night to scan the computer and was hung up at about 95% complete. I have turned it off and the computer is running normal now. The spy weeper has been on there for at least two years with no problems. Something went wrong with it here in the last few weeks. I am contacting Webroot to see if they have a resolve for the issue. I am wondering why there are not lots of posts on Google regarding this, it must be an isolated problem, maybe it only happens with certain other software loaded. Any clues, anyone? Please psot if you have a resolve.

Thanks

Terry M