Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast

Thread: .exe is not a valid Win32 application error message

Re: (***) is not a valid win32 application...

There is no way by which we can remove the same in easy way. It is always a complicated procedure. Check the below link. There are tons of things that you can try and go out. It will guide you to make your system better and avoid major issues related to virus or hack problem.
    Help: I Got Hacked. Now What Do I Do?

Re: (***) is not a valid win32 application...

It is much better if you re-install your Windows back again. That is the best thing you can do. The malware is already spreads and there is no way we can wipe it out completely. The error is very annoying. There is certain limitation when the system actually stops working completely. The fix can be slow. If the detection is located early then there are chances of getting it fixed without formatting. It is recommended that you must backup your data first before doing this thing. Backup is very important in case of virus infection.

As you said that you had downloaded some antivirus in the first question. You must try to re-download them. It is weird to find that renaming the same worked. Malware are complicated to handle and clean. Once the virus enter your system it spreads very easily. The first thing done by this virus is manipulating your system file permission so that you cannot make any major changes. Once your system is vulnerable do not rely on other tools. Prevention is better. I am sure due to some site or malicious software the virus entered your system and infected the files.

Re: "Not a valid Win32 application"

how do i boot from disk if i have a P5Ld2 motherboard? looked in the manual, all it did was just fry my brain

Re: Not a Valid Win32 Application

Will booting the work station reboot the entire computer?

Hello. Just downloaded Vista RC1 64-bit version and I can't get it to
    install. When I run the DVD is says "Setup cannot run on this version of the
    Operating System. To install Windows please try booting from the install
    media." Then when I click setup, it says "Not a valid Win32 application."

I am running XP Home SP2. How do I get it to install?

Re: Why won't FileFormatConverters.exe run on XP Pro computer?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH 99BEERS!!
    Your solution works fine!! I was desperated with this problem and then I found your post. Finally, after a thousand of attempts, modifying the internet options, the problems is solved.

Thank you again :)

Re: .doc is not a valid Win32 application

easy fix

open up word on its own
    then open the docuent using file--open etc etc

close it all

the file should now open word by itself as its suppost to

i think the issue is some cache issue, but doing the above should fix it

My Solution

I had this problem yesterday, and after reading through a few pages and forums such as this one, that didn't have the solution that worked for me, I finally found the solution on a different site. It was a really long search for a very simple answer.

For me, the problem was that I had a file named "Program" in the root of my C:\ (system) drive. I deleted that file, and all my newly installed programs now worked, no more "not a valid win32 application" errors.

Apparently, if you have a file named "Program" in the root of your system drive, or a file named "Common" in your Program Files folder, it'll cause problems like this. Thought I'd post my solution here since this forum didn't contain it. See this Knowledge Base article at McAfee for more information.

SkyDriveSetup.exe is not a valid Win32 Application, help

I have been trying to install the SkyDriveSetup.exe on my computer which is running Windows XP but every time it is reporting that, the application which you are trying to install is not a valid Win32 Application. As far as I know that this is the only setup file available to download for Skydrive on Windows live website. It is really strange that my Windows OS does not except this application. I have tried the compatibility and admin mode also but still no help.

Re: SkyDriveSetup.exe is not a valid Win32 Application, help

It looks like SkyDrive client preview is currently not available for Windows XP. Before installing the SkyDrive client, just make sure that whether your system meets the requirements or not. The SkyDrive requirements are as follows:
    • 32- or 64-bit version of Windows 8 Consumer Preview, Windows 7, or Windows Vista with Service Pack 2, or Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2008 with Service Pack 2 and Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion).
    • Processor: 1.6 GHz or later or Intel-based Mac computer
    • Memory: 1 GB RAM or more
    • Resolution: 1024 × 576 minimum
    • Internet connection: High-speed Internet access

SkyDrive installed without problems: rather, was installed only. Because the install actually occurs almost without user intervention. In your case this has not happened and I would start by checking if the temporary folder you created installation. Enables viewing of hidden files and see if C: \ Users \ Username \ AppData \ Local \ temp \ folder exists: _MEI57522 or another similar name and a creation date matches that of the incident. Inside it should be the libraries and the installation files. Depending on the outcome of these checks, we would go to disinfection of spyware; it is very likely that an infection is responsible for everything. Some apps like Tune-up may delete files and registry keys indiscriminately if not used carefully. skydrive can be installed without problems in Windows 7.

SkyDrive is a free service from Microsoft Live, and offers a large 25GB virtual hard drive. SkyDrive was NetReview of months ago here tested. At that time, the files could only be uploaded with a browser (e.g. Firefox). This has always worked great, but very comfortable was not. The limitation to Browser upload time was also criticized in the test. The message you get indicates that the files you try to start corrupt. A few possibilities:
    • Run ScanDisk.
    • If possible: download the file again.

That you do not see icons for the files on your image is not surprising, because normally you do not open these files with a program and is thus no icon attached. SkyDrive Explorer is integrated into the existing Windows Explorer and allows direct access to SkyDrive. After installation, the Windows Explorer on your computer to link to SkyDrive. If you click it, the login window opens in which you only enter their Windows Live ID and password must be. After registering you can see all created SkyDrive folders and files. They can be treated like any other Windows folder / files (delete, move, copy and rename). If you want to add a file to SkyDrive, you can simply drag them to the SkyDrive folder.

This happens when the file has not finished being downloaded or the file is incomplete due to a cut of some kind. If the Windows 7 system you have is authentic (purchased), you do not use cracked software, that you did not used to install software and biased that you have a good antivirus, no reason to worry. I would recommend do an upgrade to VFP9. This usually happens when when the there is a Win 9x development and production machines with newer operating systems from Microsoft, for this reason also recommend using a more robust operating system for application development, specifically based WinNT.

Re: Why won't FileFormatConverters.exe run on XP Pro computer?

This is a issue of program compatibility. This program works fine on Windows XP SP1 and if you have any other operating system like Vista or Windows 7 you can even face issue if you try to run the same on compatibility mode. Download a fresh copy of this file and run the setup. It must work properly if the file is run under Administrator console. Also check that the download file is not corrupted. It should a valid exe file.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast