Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to deal with "Windows\system32:myspace.exe" VIRUS?

How to deal with "Windows\system32:myspace.exe" VIRUS?

I am getting Windows\system32:myspacce.exe virus infection in my system. My antivirus is giving this popup and it is not resolving the same. I had tried to scan my system with multiple antivirus but nothing worked out.

HELP! "Windows\system32:myspacce.exe" VIRUS?

I am too having a virus infection but that is a bit different. My system is Windows XP Home SP2 and using Nod32. Also I have a Anti-Spyware. First there were some virus detected and I thought it would be resolved by scanning. But after a few days the system started rebooting a number of times. This does not look normal. I had tried to check what application is causing the same through Process Explorer and Task Manager. It was explorer.exe. After ending and relaunching the same, the system gets back on work. But still the rebooting issue is common. How to fix the same. When I checked in the antivirus log I found the following - Windows\system32:myspacce.exe. I had disabled the startup process and then also the same problem still exist. Registry cleaner does not respond much here.

re: How to deal with

Does the virus infects the mbr. I think so. Because as it is hows listed in the system 32 folder, you must verify the file. Try to scan the system in safe mode. Rebooting can also cause due to system heat or hardware failure. You must verify the same. Second thing you if possible you must delete the file. A number of time due to permission issue it is not removed. There are some articles which guide well on web about the virus infection and removal and that is the best way I think you can get rid of it. The last option is only to re-install Windows.

I think trying a different antivirus will do the job. There are number of thing available that we can go for. I have Nod32 also. But it does not looks to be effective. In Safe mode I had run a full system scan but nothing is found or detected. I downloaded a usb antivirus and scanned it through it and detected some few more infections. To troubleshoot the same I found a tool called as Hijackthis. This generates a log file of all services running in the background. You can then detect the virus instances and remove them one by one.

I tried to find that virus manually but yet not able to locate the same. I had tried to disable startup manager but still it looks the virus is working in the background. I regularly check my system and keep it clean. My regular maintenance list consist of features like disk cleanup, defragmentation, etc. I am not able to understand then how does this virus entered the system. I had performed a full system scan just a week before.

You can troubleshoot the system by booting in recovery console. I had configured Trend Micro Antivirus which looks to be effective. You can try this. Change your antivirus and then check back.

It is a worm I think. To get rid of the same you need to check each and every file in your system. If the antivirus is not capable of locating the same, then you must use some other options. Like scanning online or through a bootable media. You need to replace some dll files which are replaced by the virus. Also some registry files are corrupted which needs to be overwritten. That is only possible if you can locate which files are affected.

If the virus is located in System32 then your system is going to have some serious issue. The virus might corrupt other crucial system files also. You need to replace myspace.exe with a authenticated or working file. You can copy paste the same from any working system.

Kill process does not help much here. I am looking on Google to find a better solution which does not allow me to format my system. It is associated with some svchost and explorer.exe. It is a rootkit/malware in the system. I had checked process tab but there is nothing shown. I do not know how does this virus entered the system. I had restored my system via System Restore and it is working stable now. I am doubtful that this will not last much longer.

re: How to deal with "Windows\system32:myspace.exe" VIRUS?

I am too having the same kind of infection and yet I am not able to find the solution. I had installed a anti-spyware along with my existing antivirus which is AVG. I had scanned the sytem with bitdefender also. In Hijackthis I cannot find the associated service.

It is somekind of malware I think. There is a entry that I picked in my Hijackthis log. It is called as Gmer. I searched on Google and found that a good Malware removal tool is the one that can help me a bit more in fixing the issue.

It is a malware and there is no way to remove this completely. I had submitted a report on the same and hope to get proper resolution on it. It is a rootkit virus and I do not think it is going to create a system reboot issue. There can be some other issue associated with the same. I had used a keylogger softwaren. It scans and found keylogger scanner tool which does not detect anything. The issue with removing this thing links with many changes in your system.

I had submitted a report to virus total. But yet not benefit is received. It is better you must backup your system and then ensure that everything works well. I am going for the same. First when my backup process in completed I will them go for complete installation. Fortunately I had kept a Norton Ghost disc with me.

HiJack this does not shows up full details. It does not really gives that the file is infected. I thought the tool will work fine. Now there are tons of files in the system and I cannot find which is a virus or not. I had checked all files in Safe Mode and nothing is detected. System restore did not worked well.

It is a computer worm and it is not easy to get rid of the same. The virus remains in your system and it is not easy to remove. You need to scan your system a number of time so that it is cleaned. And remember that not to click or run suspicious files. That triggers the virus more. Do not disable the firewall settings. Get a different antivirus which is specialize in cleaning up the system errors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast