Thread: AVG 8 free antivirus won't update/get message "A .bin file ismissing"

AVG 8 free antivirus won't update/get message "A .bin file ismissing"

I am using Windows Vista. I have AVG 8 installed in it. The antivirus is working fine and suddenly it provided me a error. It says that there is certain .bin file missing and it cannot update the software. I had tried to run the fresh updates manually also, but it did not worked. I downloaded new files from the official website, and too did not worked. I had removed the antivirus completely and then installed it back again. Again while updating it halted in between giving a error that a .bin file is missing.

It looks some internal file is affected because of which the antivirus failed to update. The manual process must work. I am having a bit different issue with AVG. When I start my pc, it works well but after a few while, the CPU usage goes to 100%. Quitting some application does nothing. I had tried to work in various ways, but there are very less thing that really worked. For your issue I found a FAQ link on AVG site that has a short solution. I hope it can help you fixing the .bin file missing error

UPDATE FAILED: A .BIN FILE IS MISSING

Re: AVG 8 free antivirus won't update/get message "A .bin file is missing"

The issue must be resolved if you re-install the antivirus. Because if some file is corrupted it can be fixed by re-installing it back again. You can try to run a repair setup one more time and I think it is the best way to deal with the issue. Try one more thing. Login to your admin account and then try to run the update. It looks the AVG folder lacks permission to download or overwrite files. Is there any other security application installed on your system. If yes then for sometime disable the same and try back.

Re: AVG 8 free antivirus won't update/get message "A .bin file is missing"

I got this error on a very old laptop used by my grandpa. It was just having 40GB storage in which 10GB was allotted to Windows. The disk was full and AVG was not at all updating as there was no space left. I removed some software and data and then it worked. Check that your C drive is not completely full. You can get some space by running Disk Cleanup software. It will clear your temp files.