Thread: Antec Formula 7 thermal paste vs Arctic MX4

Antec Formula 7 thermal paste vs Arctic MX4

I am having some difficulties selecting the best thermal paste and I dont know whether I should go with the Antec Formula 7 thermal compound or Arctic MX4 thermal paste. I want to apply it on my CPU since the old one might have dried up or so. I just want to know which one of these 2 thermal paste will perform good. I have heard that the MX4 wears out very quickly, so does that mean Antec Formula 7 is the one that I should go with? Thanks

Re: Antec Formula 7 thermal paste vs Arctic MX4

I had a very bad experience with the Artic MX4 thermal paste. I used the MX4 paste on my graphics card and after that I started to stress test the card. But within no minutes the temperature rised to more than 90c under load. So, I stopped the stress test and found out that even on idle state the temperature were in the 50C range. So, I immediately removed all the MX4 paste from the card and later used Antec FORMULA 7 Nano Diamond Thermal Compound which kept the card cool at 30C under load.

Well, that is really terrible and I was thinking to go with the Arctic MX4 thermal paste on my CPU but glad that I waited for the response. I hope that the tests that you did might be proper. I have also read that the Antec Formula 7 Nano Diamond Thermal Paste Compound can run the hotter temperatures very cool. So, if this is the case then I would definitely go for the Diamond Thermal compound of Antec instead of the Arctic MX4.

I dont think that there might be any problem with both the thermal paste that you have mentioned, both are going to work fine and you wont even recognize any huge difference between the two. In the past I have also used Arctic Silver 5 but I really dont like it. There is no reason that Arctic gives a decent temperature but it seems to be very exhausting and runs out in every 2-3 months. So, I had to turn to Antec thermal compound ever since then.