Thread: Antec Power Supply continuously tripping off

Antec Power Supply continuously tripping off

I am using a 2 year old Antec 750W power supply which has served me well for this year. Now whenever I start my PSU then it keeps tripping randomly at any time, which causes sudden shutdown of my computer system completely. Only few times it will work soberly without tripping but when it starts tripping then it will randomly happen several times. I have checked that the PSU is also cool and not overheated. Should I RMA it and get a new one or is there any fix for this issue? Thanks

Re: Antec Power Supply continuously tripping off

It could be that the PSU might have become defective but first can you try to check that all the connections are proper. Or else there could be a short in the case as well. So, try to rebuild all the hardware components from stratch and try again. Just try to ensure whether the motherboard is touching the cabinet where it should not be. Also make sure that you do not have any insulating washers connecting the motherboard to the case.

First of all I would ask you to not connect your power supply into the same wall outlet or any other outlets on the same circuit. Just call for an electrician first so that he can take a look at that circuit. It might be overloaded and that is why it is tripping at the breaker on the main service panel. Try to take your power supply to an outlet outside of your house and test by plugging it. If still it is giving the same symptoms then it is time for RMA.

It will be a good idea to return your Antec 750W Power Supply and get a replacement for same since it is still under warranty. You can try to email them at europe.rma@antec.com and they will helo you out for the RMA procedure. Antec is a good brand and the PSU might be defective or otherwise it could have worked for atleast 3-4 years for sure. Anyways, if there is any minor problem then you will get your PSU repaired or else get a whole new replacement for it free of cost.