Thread: Is Antec P280 good chassis for gaming pc

Is Antec P280 good chassis for gaming pc

My vendor is recommending me to buy Antec P280 for my new system. I am going for a new gaming pc here. I had selected all the other stuff. I am going to add a nice Intel Core i5 processor with 2GB dedicated gpu and 1TB hard drive. Rightnow I had not planned to add dual gpu on my system. But I am willing to go for the same in future. So for that it is better if I buy a good system case today. In future then it will be again costly to upgrade that. I asked the seller who showed me Antec P280. I just want to know whether this is better or not. It comes for Rs.10,000 which is a costly upgrade.

Re: Is Antec P280 good chassis for gaming pc

The case belong to performance series of Antec cabinets. It offers you ample of storage space, enough air cooling and multiple expansion slots. I think this case will be great for you. There is a ample of space inside. In future you can simply add more new number of hardware in it.

It is a high end mid tower case offering you enough number of connectivity options. I checked the specification of this case where I found it impressive. It offers you total 7 fan support on the chassis. Among which 2 are placed on the top side and 4 are placed inside. While 1 lies on the front and 2 at the front side. You can just keep your system cool under extreme condition. The fan setup is really done quiet well here. The arrangement of each hardware is properly placed so that there is less cluttered area. The cable management is also fine. Being a costly case it is obvious that you will really get something better. With 7 fan support the case properly offer clean air flow from all the side, making the internal components cooler under all circumstances. At a time you can add around 11 drives on it. There are 3 dedicated drive bays available for 5.25" drive, 2 for 2.5" and 6 for both. So you have ample of drive trays here. So storage is not a problem. For data it offers you 2 usb 3.0 port on the front side with two usb 2.0 and audio jack. The case has nothing special on the top side. But it has a nice finished look with ample of connectivity options on the front and back side.

I do not really think this type of chassis are worth buying. They are far more costly compare to regular one. If you go on web and search for standard mid tower atx case then you can get that below Rs.2,000. Antec P280 is a high end case which is not really needed for a end user.

It actually depend on your need what type of cause you want. Antec P280 will simply cost you Rs.9000. So it increases your budget. It isa branded case which promise you durability and great features. Like ample of expansion slots, drive bays, cooling fans, etc. While a regular cause does not offer you much support. But somehow for assembled pc it is a great choice. Many regular atx cpu case comes with psu. That means you do not need to buy a power supply separately here. While in Antec P280 you will have to buy one. I had seen cheaper case on web which starts from Rs.800. They come with basic 240w psu and then with more feature the price keeps on rising. I will advice you to go for a mid range system here. If you can afford you can surely go for Antec P280 but if you are willing to save some amount and add more better hardware in your pc, then there are some set of mid range case which you can test. I can suggest you some from Cooler Master. The models here can save 50% of your investment over cpu case. There are two cases which I want to suggest you. The first is Cooler Master Elite 431 which comes for Rs.4123 and the second one is HAF 912 which comes for Rs.5320. Both are entry level mid tower case.

This type of case which are mentioned above (budget case) does not offer you proper cooling support. Cases like Antec P280 also has support for overclocking. You can add a liquid cooler on it but on the above one you cannot do anything.

If you do not want to overclock, or simply do not really need a very high end system, then going for entry level cases is more recommended. Antec P280 is a part of performance series cases by Antec. It has more models. Which are P280 White, P280 White Window, P280 Window, P183 V3 and P193 V3. Each of them offer different features. Living the look aside you must go for the one that is reasonable for you. Recently I had helped my friend to assemble his own gaming pc. For case we had gone for Cooler Master Enforcer Mid Tower Cabinet. The cost of this case is Rs.8000. It has only 2 fans and 2x usb 3.0 ports on the front side. Along with this for expansion slot you get 8 card support. So that you can at a at time use multiple cards easily on it. I found the tower a bit decent in terms of features and output. For cooling it gives you two fan support only. There are two 1, 200 mm fan on the cpu case giving out enough air ventilation. So instead of going for a costly cpu case you can just get the same at much cheaper rate. There are ample of this kind of case in the market offering you great hardware support in terms of drive bay and other stuff.

I too think you must go for a budget cpu case here which is more easier to manage. In future you can still upgrade to a high end series. Antec P280 type of cases are widely recommended for high end system which supports extreme overclocking output.