Thread: Disable - Password must meet complexity requirement.

Disable - Password must meet complexity requirement.

I am in need of some help to get rid of Password must meet complexity requirement feature. I am facing problem with configuration of a appropriate password policy. I had seen user getting trouble is configuration of a password and if I force to create strong it will take long time. I want to remove this completely from the server. The network is just accessible inside the office only. Instead of that I want to create a new policy that will keep a decent password requirement for all. How can I do the same more effectively.

Re: Disable - Password must meet complexity requirement.

This is one of the most common issue with windows server. But it is also quiet easy resolve. You can find ample of articles related to that on Technet. That is the best place to search for solution. Password Complexity is not a issue, but it is good for security. If anyone using simple password then there are chances that his security can be compromised. Instead of completely turning it off just keep some simple requirements for password.

The link below will give you more highlights on the issue you are facing. The following article has ample of information on password complexity. You can create a documentation and provide to the user to understand the same. This will be good for security. It is not really complicated to understand. There are some set of elements that you have to use in password to keep it strong.

Passwords must meet complexity requirements

Re: Disable - Password must meet complexity requirement.

You can create a new policy for the same. One you can keep for strong password and another you can keep for a password with minimum requirement. You can configure the policy on the basis of your need. I am doing the same. I am having two different policies here which have different level of security settings. And I apply the one as per my need.

It is always recommended that you must not delete any default setting. This can be complicated for you to get back the old settings when there is any issue with configuration. The default domain policy which is used inside the server is also known as GUID. So here you must try to first recreate the same with your settings. You can collect ample of information on the same from Technet.