Thread: Global Catalog not Found

Re: Global Catalog not Found

I recently reinstalled Exchange Server 2000 on my domain. If I start my System Manager and click on Global Settings, then I am getting an error saying that Global Catalog not found. I have a DC running and it is advertising global catalog and I can see DS event 1119. Below are the sequences of event logs on my exchange server which is repeated some times already:

Microsoft Exchange System Attendant is starting.
    Microsoft Exchange Server System Attendant, service startup complete, version 6.0 (build 4417.0). event id 1000

Microsoft Exchange System Attendant is initializing 'DSACCESS.DLL'. event id 9007

Microsoft Exchange System Attendant is loading 'DSPROXY.DLL'. event id 9006

Microsoft Exchange System Attendant is initializing 'DSPROXY.DLL'. event id 9007

Unexpected error The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. Facility: Win32 ID no: c007054b Microsoft Exchange System Attendant occurred. Event ID 1005

Microsoft Exchange System Attendant failed to start. Event id 1004

Can anyone please help me out? Thanks

Open a command prompt and try running the below on both DCs
    netdiag /fix

After that is done on both then run the below command:
    dnslint /ad /s "ip address of your dc"

After that if you are still getting error's then post the ipconfig /all of both DCs and your DNS server if different from your DCs as well as run the following on each DC and post:

dnscmd ipAddressofDNSserver /info

Hi,

I did the netdiag /fix on both servers and it said command was succesful, I went to sites & Services and made Appsrvr as GC again after 5 min it succesfully became GC as before, but when i make appsrvr2 as GC, it gives me this error "Event ID: 1126: Active directory was unable to establish a connection with the global catalog server"

And also this error in DNS event log Event ID: 6702 in appsrvr2

Plz help, Thank you.

Discovered new problems in Appsrvr2 Windows Server 2003.

I Did Netdiag /test:dsgetdc, It says Domain Membership test Failed: Says "The system volume has not been completely replicated to the local machine. This machine is not working properly as a DC"

Does this mean i've demote, Reinstall Windows server 2003 and make it as a domain again and try to move roles?

Incase if you have a secure channel between the DC and the domain. From a machine other than appsrvr2 on the command prompt run - netdom verify appsrvr2 /domain:domainname.com

If a trust doesnt exist then you can try and reset the secure channel password - netdom reset /d:domainname appsrvr2

I did the netdom /verify on appsrvr2 and it was succesful but when i did netdom /verify appsrvr it says "The domain either does not exist or could not be contacted" i tried to reset it says this "The secure Channel from appsrvr.apppoint to apppoint was not reset. The domain either does not exist or could not be contacted"

I'm quite confused what these errors means, is there anyway i can fix this? please help me

Hi i discovered another error on Appsrvr which is the PDC, i checked event viewer File Replication event, there error is constant since almost a year, i joined a month ago i never noticed this, This is the error in the replication event "Event ID: 13562"

Hi Guys, ty for ur help i really appreciate it, anyway since nobody replied i kept playing with the servers, found out FRS was crashed like an year ago, i fixed it now everything is ok 2003 has taken over as PDC and everything seems to be going good, no errors in event log and none from dcdiag and netdiag!! :D

It is all working fine, when i saw the dcpromo Replication completed successfully i thought it was all OK, but i found out FRS was crashed on the main server which was the reason SYSVOL was not replicated to the 2003, after i fixed the FRS, it replicated the remaining things to 2003 and enabled it to become Domain controller, i moved all 5 FSMO and now it has accepted it and became the Primary Domain controller, in an hour i'll be Demoting 2000 server and Raise Domain functional Level.